Unremarkable Superdome Fans According to SP (1 Viewer)

When Sean made his comments about the fans several weeks ago, I started a thread on this forum. There are ways to encourage the fans to be louder, but caustic comments are not one and can prove counter-productive in a season like this.

I am a season-ticket holder and did not go last night, though my tickets were being used by Saints fans. I went to the Buffalo game and had a miserable time. I can look forward to attending games when the Saints are competitive or when I think I am cheering for a young team built for future success. Neither is true at the moment. This organization went all in to win a championship in Brees' last years, was badly hurt in 2021 free agency because of the salary cap, apparently still has another year in salary-cap purgatory, and seemingly lacks its future quarterback. And the injuries this year have been unprecedented and devastating. At times, against Buffalo, I though I was watching the end of a preseason game given who the Saints were playing.

Regarding Dallas fans, I suspect few actually came from the Dallas area. I know that in the past, talking to Cowboy or 49er fans in the Superdome, I learned that they were from Gretna and Hammond, not Texas or California. Because of the championships in past years, especially in the the 1990s, and because the Cowboys have been a marketing machine since the 1960s, Dallas has a national fan base--they have fans in New York and Washington and Philadelphia. I do not understand how one can grow up in an area with an NFL team and adopt another team like Dallas, but people do.

One area of the Superdome I would NEVER have season tickets in is the plaza on the visiting team's side. It is clear that there are season-ticket holders who buy large blocs of seats in that area with the intent of reselling the tickets and making a profit. Some teams have made an effort to identify those who do so and then have refused to renew their season tickets. Denver comes to mind. To my knowledge, the Saints have not done so. And the NFL with Ticket Exchange and Seat Geek has made it easy for season-ticket holders to sell their tickets to the fans of opposing teams because it keeps the sale of season tickets high and allows NFL teams to increase the ticket prices. You reap what you sow.
I deal with many opposing fans who go to the game but live in the city. Last night was no exception. I blame season ticket holders that actually buy their tickets to sell them. I really hope the Saints crack down on it, but i'm guessing because we're a small market franchise, they won't do it.

I deal with many opposing fans who go to the game but live in the city. Last night was no exception. I blame season ticket holders that actually buy their tickets to sell them. I really hope the Saints crack down on it, but i'm guessing because we're a small market franchise, they won't do it.
As an out of state season ticket holder, I’ll do what I want with my tickets which means selling them if I have to

I cannot be critical of those who occasionally sell their tickets. I rarely do it, but I did sell my tickets for the Giants game (receiving a fraction of face value). But Denver and perhaps other teams have cracked down on those who routinely sell their tickets. And I know those who buy a large number of tickets for the purpose of resale with the intent of making a profit.

When the Saints and Cowboys were fighting for a #2 spot in the NFC in 2006, the Saints fans made quite the showing in Texas Stadium. I was definitely part of those loud 4th qtr chants that many were hearing on TV that night as the Cowboy fans were filing out of the stadium.
Was there too!!! That was awesome but the old stadium was a stank hole!!!!!

Was there too!!! That was awesome but the old stadium was a stank hole!!!!!

You're not wrong...... I remember the bathroom being disgusting. Happy for the one-time experience, since it was a legendary NFL stadium....but I'm glad the new stadium was a thing by the time I made it back over there in 2012.

c7af5caeae8e938436b89f99eb16556e.png

They are not being entertained,
I have a reallly off-color analogy I'd like to make to CSP and Skylene regarding respective entertainment values. But I'll just ask, Sean, do you want us to FAKE it?

I have a reallly off-color analogy I'd like to make to CSP and Skylene regarding respective entertainment values. But I'll just ask, Sean, do you want us to FAKE it?
It's hard to get excited about a bad team.

To his defense, the crowd hasn't been what it was compared to 2019. Even when we had a winning record that crowd just didn't have the same impact.
Part of it has been bad play while the other a bunch of opposing fans. For the Bucs & Giants game they were there, not to mention NY & Dallas. Atlanta was the only game where I didn't see as many and when we took the lead late in the game, the crowd returned to what it was pre-covid.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom