Unsubstantiated Rumor: Davenport Injury and Saints Looking for Speed Rush DE (1 Viewer)

Play a 5-2 front and allow safety or LB to rush/drop back depending on what he sees.

I'm fascinated by your idea. Would that be playing 5 down-linemen and 2 LBs? If they did that, would you imagine they would occasionally drop one of the linemen into coverage? Maybe on the TE?

I didnt like the davenport selection at the time and still dont. We lost the ability to pick up multiple talented WR's.

.. OR, a QB for the future (cough cough "LJ' cough cough).. I thought for SURE he was going to be our guy, & then to find out the Saints gave up to 1's for a basically unknown DE ??.. smh.. I keep my peace.

NW.

I hated when we let Mario Edwards walk. I thought he was just another guy when we signed him, but he surprised me and played very well.

I'm fascinated by your idea. Would that be playing 5 down-linemen and 2 LBs? If they did that, would you imagine they would occasionally drop one of the linemen into coverage? Maybe on the TE?
Do they cover TEs? :jpshakehead:
Come on, they covered the Tampa Bay TEs quite well, other than the OJ Howard TD. What happened since then?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom