Unsubstantiated Rumor: Davenport Injury and Saints Looking for Speed Rush DE (1 Viewer)

I honestly forgot he was even on the team! That’s how much I expect from him this year. How can the Saints not be completely hopeless on this situation? Underwhelming when on the field, and rarely on the field. He’s an odd guy...I completely buy the Saints needing to babysit him. You can’t afford to babysit players who aren’t exceptional...which Davenport is not.

I wonder why they didn't just put Marcus IRreport on the IR?

I heard Junior Galette was available ;););););)

Last edited:
Davenport also now has a toe injury that Underhill just tweeted out. He says it’s just a tweak though.

Can someone please call that evil genius doctor that hooked up wolverine and have him come pump some Adamantium into Davenport so this guy will quit breaking :covri:

THIS.

Another reason I get on coach Payton b/c he never has a plan B. It’s just like he says we’ll see what happens when the season starts. Everson Griffin was out there the whole offseason, yet they did nothing to get him. Ugh. Just doesn’t make sense.
Was thinking of this. Griffin was there the whole time and we did nothing.

In conversation with Guido this morning and we conferenced in Lawn Guy Dave to verify - lol, here's his update on Davenport and Saints trade efforts....

The Elbow injury happened in the offseason. It is serious. The Saints will make a decision in the next 2-3 weeks, or maybe less, on what to do with him for the year. The coaches are still concerned about his ability to push off his right foot, but this is an unknown until he gets extensive playtime.

The serious elbow injury happened during the offseason. The coaches are frustrated with him mainly because he has not participated to the level desired by the coaches in the offseason. They need to keep him constantly under guidance which was not possible the way they wished this year because of the virus. The Coaches think the offseason lack of production and conditioning has to do with Marcus depression so they are being a little light on him. If the right offer came along, they would trade him now.

The Saints have been talking to multiple other teams about trading for a strong speed rusher. Without Davenport, opponents are stacking against Cam Jordan and without a front 4 pass rush, the coaches are very concerned about the season.

The only way this rumor can be proven false is if Davenport stays injured for another 3 weeks but stays on the team. The only way it is true is if he is moved in the next 3 weeks. I would put my money on neither of those happening so it will stay unsubstantiated and I don't see any merit in it. Unneeded vitriol imo. If you are right I'll give you your props, but I don't buy it even if there may be a little truth sprinkled in there.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom