Unsubstantiated Rumor: Davenport Injury and Saints Looking for Speed Rush DE (1 Viewer)

We knew this was the case going into the offseason. Davenport can’t stay healthy and low and behold he hasn’t even played yet. They couldn’t get Griffin or Clowney and now we’re here where most expected.

Should have waited and drafted Harold Landry 9 sacks last year. ***We could have validated the Davenport claims with Coach Pete, but our fellow forum members messed that up*** Just sayin!

2 first round picks down the drain

If the rumors and speculation are mostly correct, it's time to cut bait. We should put him on IR and go fishing for a FA. If he's not 100% late this year or early next season, cut him. I hope the R&S are wrong, but I won't get my hopes up.

honestly, he is a phsycal beast. i say give him all the time he needs, then figure out how to make the playoffs even as a wild card and unleash him later.

In recent history, these are the players the Saints gave up 2 1st rounders for:
  1. Jonathan Sullivan
  2. Sedric Ellis
  3. Marcus Davenport
I soooooo hate giving up 2 1st round pics for an unproven player. Such a huge gamble. In hindsight, there are only a hand full of players who are worth 2 1st round pics in each draft.

If the rumors and speculation are mostly correct, it's time to cut bait. We should put him on IR and go fishing for a FA. If he's not 100% late this year or early next season, cut him. I hope the R&S are wrong, but I won't get my hopes up.
I disagree. If everything said is true (and I’m skeptical since no one else is saying anything similar to this) then he will be cheap to resign. When it comes time to resign, his market value will be low.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom