Unsung hero-Tony Hills (2 Viewers)

cugr4life

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
Apparently he had a come to Jesus moment with the team at halftime. These quotes are from Twitter.
Tony Hills on his halftime speech: "It was time for us to be tired of losing and to make up our minds if we were fit for the fight."
Cam Jordan: “Big Deacon Brother Tony Hills, he definitely came in with some old-school brimstone and fire.”

Agreed. Very happy to hear even though players aren't starting they are still contributing to the team. Happy to have him.

Unsung hero was the football in the last 4 mins. It was doing its best to find its way into our hands regardless of our play....

That all sounds really great, except we continued getting whooped in the second half. That was a gift, whether luck or divine intervention, I'll take it, but let's be real, they didn't suddenly just start playing better because of a halftime speech. Hell they didn't start playing better, period.

Don't get me wrong, I'll take it.

That all sounds really great, except we continued getting whooped in the second half. That was a gift, whether luck or divine intervention, I'll take it, but let's be real, they didn't suddenly just start playing better because of a halftime speech. Hell they didn't start playing better, period.

1st half - 24 points given up
2nd half - 10 points given up

Seems like a 2 touchdown improvement by the defense. Now I'm not saying that's because of a halftime speech, but to say they didn't improve is just wrong.

Can't we simply enjoy a win for a while? No reason to bring down a positive thread.

The defense tightened up in the 2nd half for sure. Everything is relative.

Then the offense forgot to stay with what was working.

Tent_Revival_tent_(Pennsylvania_2008).jpg

Yeah. The "shoulda lost" stuff is weird. We probably "shoulda won" the first two games. Oh well. So fate still owes us one. There is ZERO chance we lose next week.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom