Unwanted/Unsolicited texts (1 Viewer)

mattgdg

Lover of Kraft Dinner
Reaction score
This has been the worst year ever for unsolicited texts (mostly political). Now its not enough to send me a text, they're sending me texts with videos attached.

To me, texting is one step past knocking on my door. Walking around and knocking on people's door requires at least some effort. I can always ignore the door knocking and (usually) they will never come back. Mass texting is incredibly invasive and requires little to no effort. And to have the gall to tell me to text STOP to opt out of something I never opted in for! It doesn't matter how many numbers I block, they just keep coming.

[/rant]

Preach!

Even before the political season started, I routinely got texts to renew my car warranty, asking if i wanted to sell a property I don't own and other nonsense.

I believe you also need to forward these things to 7726.

Learned about this yesterday. It's called "smishing" (phishing + sms)

I hate it. I call the number from which the text originated to see if anyone answers, then block the number. I know it's a drop in the bucket but I despise robocalls and unsolicited texts

I think the best thing you can do is never give them any indication that you received the SMS. So don't reply, don't click on anything, just ignore it. I think I average about 2-3 unsolicited texts in a week. I've also been using the same fake phone number for years when I signup for online accounts, only using my real phone number for important accounts like banking, etc.

Learned about this yesterday. It's called "smishing" (phishing + sms)
tenor.gif

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom