UofA vs LSU (1 Viewer)

jasonl55

Subscribing Member
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
It is going to be a good game. WOOO PIG SOOIE

Anybody going to the game?

I'm going. Or at least I think I will. Just got tickets on Friday. Not sure I want to though, after witnessing that near debacle in person Saturday night down in Baton Rouge. I decided during the game that if LSU had lost, I wasn't going this Friday, but now I'm on the fence.

What's the possible bowl games for LSU if they win or lose? and which teams might we be playing?

Penn St would be cool. I'd like to play Nebraska because that's my best friend's team. Plus we used to play them back in the 80's. Get a little revenge. :ezbill:

ive heard orange bowl or cotton bowl.. they would have a good chance getting a bcs bowl because they are ranked top 10 in the bcs

ive heard orange bowl or cotton bowl.. they would have a good chance getting a bcs bowl because they are ranked top 10 in the bcs

Yea I just read something online a few minutes ago. That would be great to get a BCS bowl. I also heard them throw around the Rose bowl although that's probably an outside chance.

i think the only way they wouldnt get a bcs bowl (if they win out) is if a bcs conference winner isnt ranked high in the bcs poll

its a slim chance, but if we beat Ark and ND takes care of USC, we just might end up in the rose bowl... finally getting an opportunity to play USC. I know its an outside shot, but i pray to the football gods that they pick us.

FUSC!

No way LSU plays in a BCS bowl. Please remember that Arkansas is the winner of the WEST and even if we lose to LSU and Florida, we are still considered the SEC 2nd place

No way LSU plays in a BCS bowl. Please remember that Arkansas is the winner of the WEST and even if we lose to LSU and Florida, we are still considered the SEC 2nd place

You're right. You still would be 2nd place in the SEC, but look at it this way. Arkansas would have three losses at that point. LSU would only have two, and would probably rank higher in the BCS if Arkansas loses to both LSU and Florida. The Hogs would be on a two-game slide, while LSU would be on a six-game win streak.

Who's going to look more attractive to bowl committees at that point?

This all depends on what happens with the National Championship game (specifically, who Ohio State's opponent is going to be). There are way too many options at this point. I'm not ready to say whether LSU will (or should) be in a BCS game. Ask me again after Friday.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom