Up 24-13...go on a passing frenzy...SMH!!! (1 Viewer)

We passed the ball because they couldn't stop it. They held our run in check fairly well all game.

Not really. Ingram was looking pretty good. Running the ball is just something the saints just don't do. Along with getting sacks and forcing turnovers.

Come on man, this is on the D, simple. Stop making excuses. Our D is young and this is gonna take time.

Just saying but Brees did fumble at the beginning of the game that the Raiders turned into 3 points. So while the defense did not play good, any play could have changed the game outcome, just like the bad PI play toward the end of the game.

We lost due to a missed 50 yard field goal for a guy that was suppose to be the bomb

Yeah, someone broke out the Jim Beam a little early. It was totally a rookie kicker in his first game that missed a 50 yarder that cost us the game. Maybe next time you should wait a little longer before you start drinking. :barman:

When we were up 24-13, I was telling my wife if the Saints don't run the ball we're in trouble because I could see the defense was getting gassed and they had lost Delvin Breaux for the 2nd time. They ran the ball once with Ingram and he beasted for a first down. Then what happens???? We go shotgun and start passing and end up having to punt. Then the Raiders give it to a rookie RB and he blasts for 75 yards. When you have a team down and either can't or don't run the ball and keep your defense off the field, freaky things like the way this game ended happens...like that stupid holding and Pass Interference calls against us late....shouldn't have even come down to that!!!!! Ingram was getting his groove and when you feed him he was bound to break the Raiders back....I'm going to be sick all the rest of the day!!!!!!!!!!

I agree with you to an extent. I think the point in the game in which we should have started running more is on a drive in which we scored quickly midway in the 4th quarter--the drive that we got 2 pass interference calls our way. I think we could have run more time off the clock at that point. On the flip side, I like Payton's aggressiveness but one of those PI calls, I believe the 2nd one was questionable. (Just like one of the calls against us later in the 4th)

We have to play like this because of our defensive deficiencies. If you don't like it, take it up with the defense. You can't play ball control when you are giving up 450+ yards a game.

Well actually you should be playing ball control if the opponent is scoring often. If we had a consistent running game, we could have taken more time off the clock in the 4th quarter.

Just saying but Brees did fumble at the beginning of the game that the Raiders turned into 3 points. So while the defense did not play good, any play could have changed the game outcome, just like the bad PI play toward the end of the game.

I thought that for one game, just one game, we wouldnt see the "But Brees's turnovers..." comment

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom