Up 24-13...go on a passing frenzy...SMH!!! (1 Viewer)

BCK30

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
When we were up 24-13, I was telling my wife if the Saints don't run the ball we're in trouble because I could see the defense was getting gassed and they had lost Delvin Breaux for the 2nd time. They ran the ball once with Ingram and he beasted for a first down. Then what happens???? We go shotgun and start passing and end up having to punt. Then the Raiders give it to a rookie RB and he blasts for 75 yards. When you have a team down and either can't or don't run the ball and keep your defense off the field, freaky things like the way this game ended happens...like that stupid holding and Pass Interference calls against us late....shouldn't have even come down to that!!!!! Ingram was getting his groove and when you feed him he was bound to break the Raiders back....I'm going to be sick all the rest of the day!!!!!!!!!!

Come on man, this is on the D, simple. Stop making excuses. Our D is young and this is gonna take time.

We passed the ball because they couldn't stop it. They held our run in check fairly well all game.

So ya'll not saying that drive when we could've taken maybe 5 minutes off the clock by continuing to run the ball but instead had to punt and the Raiders got the momentum back with that long TD run that was not a big point in the game? I swear some of you guys don't understand clock management and keeping your defense fresh...There's not a defense in the world that would've minded being on the sidelines a little longer while watching Ingram and Hightower grind out yards and first downs.

So ya'll not saying that drive when we could've taken maybe 5 minutes off the clock by continuing to run the ball but instead had to punt and the Raiders got the momentum back with that long TD run that was not a big point in the game? I swear some of you guys don't understand clock management and keeping your defense fresh...There's not a defense in the world that would've minded being on the sidelines a little longer while watching Ingram and Hightower grind out yards and first downs.

And what if they grind out 3 and outs and we don't score 34 points? Then what?

You can't turn down points trying to "grind it out." That's ridiculous.

The point where they flirted with no back sets the offense stalled a bit. Would have like to see them run the ball more of course and burn some more clock, but Brees owned them.

There is no world in which the offense lost this game. Everyone once again is trying to find one minor flaw in an offense did it's job to explain why it didn't do quite enough to overcome a pathetic defensive performance.

The defense failed.

Anyone who gets mad at our offense for this game is barking up the wrong tree...in the wrong yard.

We lost due to a missed 50 yard field goal for a guy that was suppose to be the bomb

:9:

In the nfl if your offense produces 34 you should win the game . Keep in mind the offenses pretty much had to drive the length of the field the entire game because the defense lacks the ability to make plays and give the offense a short field.

My only complaint regarding the offense is burning the timeouts. The defense lost this game for us just like they have lost just about every game for us since 2011.

On to the Giants, lets chalk this up to Payton still thought it was preseason. . . he said as much letting PC call plays, while he evaluated players. This loss is on the FO, for not fielding a NFL ready team. Fortunately we have Brees so we are at least in every game.

When we were up 24-13, I was telling my wife if the Saints don't run the ball we're in trouble because I could see the defense was getting gassed and they had lost Delvin Breaux for the 2nd time. They ran the ball once with Ingram and he beasted for a first down. Then what happens???? We go shotgun and start passing and end up having to punt. Then the Raiders give it to a rookie RB and he blasts for 75 yards. When you have a team down and either can't or don't run the ball and keep your defense off the field, freaky things like the way this game ended happens...like that stupid holding and Pass Interference calls against us late....shouldn't have even come down to that!!!!! Ingram was getting his groove and when you feed him he was bound to break the Raiders back....I'm going to be sick all the rest of the day!!!!!!!!!!

We have to play like this because of our defensive deficiencies. If you don't like it, take it up with the defense. You can't play ball control when you are giving up 450+ yards a game.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom