Up 59-0, the Pats go for it on fourth down at the Tennessee 11 (2 Viewers)

I wouldn't mind even if it was a classless move (here it would have been just to run the clock more and give TEN a longer field); I'm a proponent of scoring every possession. It's what offenses are supposed to do.
teams are supposed to win.

the game was "won" when they went up by 30.

its pretty much bad Kharma when you do tasteless things like that. you pretty much inspire alot of hate and animosity toward your team by running up the score, taking cheap shots, or intentionally trying to hurt other players, etc. you leave yourself wide open for retaliation either in that game or in games down the line.

I would like to thank the Pats. This should keep us more under the radar than we otherwise would be as a major talking point. I also would like to thank the Raiders.

Surely you saw the media coverage we got being in the NFL game of the week. We aren't under the radar being one of 4 undefeated teams. That doesn't happen.

Surely you saw the media coverage we got being in the NFL game of the week. We aren't under the radar being one of 4 undefeated teams. That doesn't happen.
No, but my point is we aren't the only story, there are now other things to talk about, which is why I qualified it. I am not suggesting we are OFF the radar.

This.^

This is a man's game. It's the defense's job to stop them. Man up and stop them. If you can't, take your beating and get better.

aaaaand ^^this^^

I would add though...

If you can't, take your beating and get better or go home and grab an apron.

I don't really have much problem with the Pats going for it there. There was a lot of time left on the clock. They could have knelled it, sure. But with that much time on the clock, they could have knelled it on every play and still run 10 plays in the quarter. You also really don't want to stop playing hard because that's when you get your guys hurt.

The bottom line is that the Titans really couldn't do anything today. They couldn't stop the run or the pass, even with the backups in. It was a good time to get the back-ups some work in a game situation.

its pretty much bad Kharma when you do tasteless things like that. you pretty much inspire alot of hate and animosity toward your team by running up the score, taking cheap shots, or intentionally trying to hurt other players, etc. you leave yourself wide open for retaliation either in that game or in games down the line.

What would you have them do Todd? Start kneeling after the first half? :idunno:

I don't think there's any choice they could've made there -- kicking, going or kneeling -- and not caught some flack.

Sean Payton caught some flack for kneeling with > 3:00 left in Dallas in '06.

Yeah, I saw that when they did it. I thought it was classless. Typical Belichick. Damn, I hope we beat them!

What would you have them do Todd? Start kneeling after the first half? :idunno:
go for 3 instead of passing on 4th twice to score a TD would've been appropriate IMO.

instead, they went all steve spurrier for what? against the worst team in the league? what were they trying to prove.

it's cool because they dont have donte stallworth at split end anymore as a decoy and that has cooled that offense since 2007 and their defense is not what it was.

they'll get theirs.

I see your point but it's the pats, they had it all thrown at them all ready.So karma(H) bypasses them:idunno:

and fail. Real classy those Patriots huh? The mark of good sportsmanship is to lay on the embarrassment as much as you possibly can.

1. I think that's pretty darn funny.
2. Got to love the whining of a loser... *sarcasm off*
3. I have no problem with this, I actually think it's insulting to your opponent than to give anything less than 100%. I've played a ton of sports and have sometimes been on the wrong side of a beatdown. But I've never wanted the other team to take it easy on me. All that did was bring out my competitive spirit and make me want to keep trying harder. How the heck am I supposed to get better if everyone keeps taking it easy on you? This is the big boys world, life doesn't pull any punches. I want their best and I want to find a way to beat them at their best. Man up people.

No, but my point is we aren't the only story, there are now other things to talk about, which is why I qualified it. I am not suggesting we are OFF the radar.

Fair enough. We'll have to share the spot light with the Vikings all season though, since we don't play them. Nothing can be done about it until one of us loses.

there is nothing they could have done.

If you kick the field goal, you go over the 60 mark
If you kneel down I think that would even be a worse insult then getting a TD

And besides, these players get paid millions to stop the opposing offense.
If they cant stop them thats not the PATS problem.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom