Up 59-0, the Pats go for it on fourth down at the Tennessee 11 (1 Viewer)

Pilz-E

Always Lurking
Reaction score
and fail. Real classy those Patriots huh? The mark of good sportsmanship is to lay on the embarrassment as much as you possibly can.

That is the only play they have there unless they want 3 garbage points. Did they run or pass? If a pass maybe I see your point.

If they kick a FG they are just running it up more.

There's no right answer at this point.

Well knowing how the Pats are...they do cheap stuff. With that said, I hope we blow them out on national TV.

Well, you can't kick a FG. It's the Titans job to stop them.

Yeah I think it was a pass. I'm not saying they should just sit on the ball, if TN wants to give them yards then they should take them. But you're going to get a least 3, don't try to make it worse by attempting 6.

it was a 4th and 7 short pass to B. Edelman.

Where do you draw that line? The Patriots could have stopped scoring at 35. They clearly don't care once they hit 50+.

but who on our gameday thread didn't want to see 50+?

I dont like the pats but, i dont believe in not running the points up. If you don't want it to happen do something about it. If not, then take the beating.

I wouldn't mind even if it was a classless move (here it would have been just to run the clock more and give TEN a longer field); I'm a proponent of scoring every possession. It's what offenses are supposed to do.

I dont like the pats but, i dont believe in not running the points up. If you don't want it to happen do something about it. If not, then take the beating.

This.^

This is a man's game. It's the defense's job to stop them. Man up and stop them. If you can't, take your beating and get better.

Last edited:
I would like to thank the Pats. This should keep us more under the radar than we otherwise would be as a major talking point. I also would like to thank the Raiders.

and fail. Real classy those Patriots huh? The mark of good sportsmanship is to lay on the embarrassment as much as you possibly can.

Wouldn't kicking the field goal have been running the score up?

You go for it. And if you've got a QB in his first action, you let him throw for it.

They're all grown men, professionals. I don't buy the "running up the score" argument for the NFL. I think it comes off as whiny.

but who on our gameday thread didn't want to see 50+?

It's a different situation. We wanted to show the Giants were overrated and had no right to talk as much trash as their fans and homer media talking heads did.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom