Upcoming 3-4 LB Free Agents. (1 Viewer)

Ravens won't be able to sign everyone and it all depends on who they want to pay. Kruger and Flacco will want to get paid plus Ed Reed is a free agent too so who knows what they will have left for Ellerbee

Kindle, Kruger, Barwin and Groves would be the cheapest and youngest prospects, but doubtful to be starters, with the exception of Kruger, unless they blossom here. IMHO
Kindle and Kruger are not going anywhere though, and I just don't see us reaching for an "aged vet" with only a few more years left, unless the price is VERY RIGHT.

Of course, I thought Spags was going to be here one more year, so what the hell do I know?!?!?

It would not surprise me at all if we ended up making a trade for a LB, sending Will Smith or one of the RBs plus a pick somewhere.

I am going on a limb here but we need players like Ellerbe, Grant and Kindle. Players that have been backups of starts but that can play, that are young (around 26 years old and younger), and more important, players that we can offer a decent contract but won't brake the bank.

I know, not exactly big names, and that is exactly the point, we need an excellent job from Ryan Pace and his team to detect this talent available that will help us rebuild our defense faster.

There are a lot of interesting names around, but we have to figure that we are building for the future, we need to get younger, build around the draft, and finally, restore our cap situation.

What's been the problem with Kindle? Injury? Has he just under performed? He was highly touted coming out of college, and he hasn't done jack in the NFL.

What's been the problem with Kindle? Injury? Has he just under performed? He was highly touted coming out of college, and he hasn't done jack in the NFL.

He has a bad history of injuries, and to make things worst, he fell from 2 stories and broke his skull. That slowed his development as a football player.

If by chance we pick him up, it will be a cheap gamble. True, the guy has shown nothing as a pro, but will be interesting if he has return to his from physically. A good guy to take a flyer, since it will be pretty cheap.

Appreciate it guys. Sounds like a perfect low-risk/high-reward player.

He has a bad history of injuries, and to make things worst, he fell from 2 stories and broke his skull. That slowed his development as a football player.

If by chance we pick him up, it will be a cheap gamble. True, the guy has shown nothing as a pro, but will be interesting if he has return to his from physically. A good guy to take a flyer, since it will be pretty cheap.

He needs to stop drinking. He's had this issue since UT.

I'd take Lawson for strong outside lb in a heartbeat

Correct me if I'm wrong but Lawson isn't much of a pass rusher is he? I thought he's mainly known for his run D n coverage skills. I guess he'd still b a decent addition though

Correct me if I'm wrong but Lawson isn't much of a pass rusher is he? I thought he's mainly known for his run D n coverage skills. I guess he'd still b a decent addition though
yea, he was not very good in the 9ers 3-4 even though he came out as DE from college across from Mario Williams IIRC.

We all hope that Martez Wilson and Junior Galette can make the move to Rush OLB in the 3-4, but the fact remains that we just don't know... It will be a new position in a new scheme for both guys. We need to find a couple vets that have experience in this scheme, not only to help the others in the transition, but even to start the year as the starters, until our guys are up to speed. I think Wilson will have an easier time making the move, but Galette gives me pause... Has Junior ever dropped into coverage? ...even just a zone drop? Can he play in space and set the edge?

I really want Larry Grant, and I think if we could land him, he'd start at 1 ILB spot immediately... Another vet that we may be able to get at a good price would be OLB Keyaron Fox. His numbers are not very good, but he has a bunch of experience in the 3-4, and experience in the scheme is something we need.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom