FA Upcoming FA: Gerald Everett, TE, Rams (1 Viewer)

Rookie team’s struggle usually first year. I think we moved up to draft Trautman for a reason. He’s the starter.

No.

I'm tired of bringing in free agent TEs who seemingly take about 2 seasons to learn the playbook, and even then they only seem to flash here and there.......and in the case of Jared Cook, turn out to be an outright liability later.

Bring back Jimmy Graham after the Bears inevitably cut him, and see what he and Trautman can do.

No.

I'm tired of bringing in free agent TEs who seemingly take about 2 seasons to learn the playbook, and even then they only seem to flash here and there.......and in the case of Jared Cook, turn out to be an outright liability later.

Bring back Jimmy Graham after the Bears inevitably cut him, and see what he and Trautman can do.

I trust Trautman to become the TE, Everett would just be a complimentary piece in the offense... a “move TE” H-back type that can also line up out wide or in the slot.

i hope he goes all jimmy graham production. be fun to watch.
Wouldn’t that be nice. Well I know one thing. If he’s in the game instead of cooks on that crossing route we’re playing this weekend

No.

In my Chris Carter voice ( CMON MAN !!! ) You can’t be serious

I REALLY like Trautnan and think he could be a star. I'm pass on the Rams TE.

I REALLY like Trautnan and think he could be a star. I'm pass on the Rams TE.

Believing that Trautman can become a stud, and Everett being a useful piece for the Saints offense, are not mutually exclusive. Both can be true

Spotrac has his annual salary estimated at 7.3m per year.

I tend to be happy with Trautman and Hill. That said they will need a 3rd TE regardless. We have some possible options but signing a cheap TE could certainly be one also. I don't know about Everett though. I think we would have to go even more bargain bin for that since it's not as critical as some positions imo. DE and Saftey could be huge needs this offseason.

I might even get risky and sign someone like Jordan Reed to a vet min deal. It's not like you don't have options to fall back on.

As a fan who has had both Jared Cook and Gerald Everett I’d rate those two in the same class with perhaps a slight edge to Cook, both of them can wow you one moment and then turn around and kill a critical drive the next

He does have a ton of upside no doubt, but I would think he isn’t exactly high on our resign priority UFA list

Last edited:
Bring back Arnold. He already knows the offense and has another year under his belt developing as a TE. Trautman can be the complete all around TE and Arnold can be the move TE until he develops into a more complete TE. Robert Tonyan was a WR converted to TE and is a couple years ahead of Arnold on that conversion. One good offseason of putting on muscle and he'll have the jump in performance like Tonyan did. He'd benefit from training with George Kittle like Tonyan did. Trautman should train with Kittle as well.

Doubt we spend big at all in FA this year....This is the most important year to hit on on all of your few draft picks...

Unless, you're gonna trade it all away, blow up the team, and rebuild with Zach Wilson.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom