UPDATE: BI Likely to be Traded[Pel's Media expect a big push to move in Ingram in Early August] (1 Viewer)

1719365867947.jpeg.. Pelicans Chasing Trae Young! 🔥 Pelicans Rumors, Exec Announcements & More!

locked_on_pelicans.jpeg
.. Draft and Trade targets you need to know for the New Orleans Pelicans: Mitchell Robinson and more

I thought we would get a woj bomb tonight about it. Things are getting spicy

I always though Young would be the target... I think JM is the better fit for what Willie wants to do... but always felt like Griff would go after Young. That said, we probably don't get either... we'll see.

I always though Young would be the target... I think JM is the better fit for what Willie wants to do... but always felt like Griff would go after Young. That said, we probably don't get either... we'll see.
Griff doesn't like Young's character. So, I don't think Griff would be the one pushing for him. Would have to be Zion and ownership

Griff doesn't like Young's character. So, I don't think Griff would be the one pushing for him. Would have to be Zion and ownership

I'm not sure what Griff thinks of Young personally... As of today, all I know is that Griff said he plans on making big changes, and Young is saying one of his preferred trade destinations is NOLA... I don't know if I like it... but I can see the reasoning if Griff does pull the trigger on Young.... He's 25 - Superstar - 25-10-5 guy - with the potential to be Steph Curry-Lite with the right supporting cast.

Last edited:
I’m fine with Young, but I hope that it doesn’t cost us Hawk. I think we short changed the kid his rookie year, and if he goes to ATL (or anywhere that will give him mins) he will prove to be our worst giveaway since Brandon Bass.

If we could swing a deal for Trae we probably have to do it. Not many star type players want to be here. He has his flaws, but reminds me of the Boogie trade. It would add excitement to the fanbase.

If we can come out of this offseason without losing TM3, Hawk, and Herb... while adding either TY or DM.... and drafting a guy like Kyle Filipowski.... I'm going to call that a win. I think losing BI and JV is a given... and losing CJ is a coin flip.

If we can come out of this offseason without losing TM3, Hawk, and Herb... while adding either TY or DM.... and drafting a guy like Kyle Filipowski.... I'm going to call that a win. I think losing BI and JV is a given... and losing CJ is a coin flip.
I just looked and DM's numbers were just as good as TY's career numbers (looking at season averages) while TY was out for 21 games last season

That's why given the choice I would take DM, his better defense, and the cheaper contract. I'm not saying that TY isn't the better offensive players as 21 games is not a huge sample but it's close enough for me when you factor in the defense and money.

I'm not sure what Griff thinks of Young personally... As of today, all I know is that Griff said he plans on making big changes, and Young is saying one of his preferred trade destinations is NOLA... I don't know if I like it... but I can see the reasoning if Griff does pull the trigger on Young.... He's 25 - Superstar - 25-10-5 guy - with the potential to be Steph Curry-Lite with the right supporting cast.

I'm "not a fan" of TY either really.... that doesn't mean I can't be swayed to be one should the opportunity present itself in the right situation. At this point, if we are moving on from BI (and all things point that way) and we are building around a guy that can't shoot or stay healthy (and that looks to be the case too).... we better have another guy that can shoot, score, facilitate, and carry the team whether I am fan or not (TY can do that).

fanspo-nba-trade-machine-snap_6-26-2024_2-12-54PM.png

This probably what a Young try would look like
We don't have Milwaukee's 2026 first rounder. Only the swap rights. Therefore it doesn't make sense to include that part in the trade. The Nets therefore would only be getting one first rounder. Unless you moved the first going to ATL 2026 to the Nets. Also you can't trade first rounders in consecutive years. We can't trade our 2025 AND 2026 first rounders.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Twitter

Back
    Top Bottom