Update Brees (Could be back in 2 weeks) (1 Viewer)

jasonsw

VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
If true what a Superhuman feat. Either way just hope he is healthy when he returns.

Last edited:
If true what a Superhuman feat. Either way just hope he is healthy when he returns.

I'll say 3 weeks but I can see 2 weeks. As I posted in another Brees thread his collapse lung was a minor one. Not to the severity or degree others have experienced where it took 6 weeks to inflate "Mac Truck".

As for the fractured ribs. QBs have played with broken ribs before and still healed at the same time. Our OLine just can't let him be body slammed again.

lets assess how Jameis does in the first 2 games. the next 4 are def winnable and if Brees is healthier by the KC game that would be optimal

Payton could elect for a similar plan, or possibly hand the gig to Hill, who is technically the team's No. 2 QB, per the depth chart.

giphy.gif

Something else I'll add about Brees playing sooner than later -- He was wearing a flack jacket for the Niners game and it was clear he was off on his early throws. So much of Drew's accuracy is his body mechanics and if the flack jacket in any way limits that, we could continue to see a much less effective Drew.

Now, it's almost a complete certainty that he will need to wear one for the remainder of the year, regardless of when he comes back - but if that's the case, I'd like for him to have as much time as necessary to acclimate to wearing one.

Had he not had the punctured lung he likely finishes that game vs the 9rs based on the fact he was already playing with broken ribs.

I would imagine his return will be based on how effective Winston/Hill are. Last season he was available to play prior to when he did but because TB was playing so well they kept him out. If we can stay the course over the next 2 weeks then perhaps he stays out until the Chiefs. If the wheels are falling off then sooner I think.

I am thinking 4 weeks if they think he can be back in 2 weeks.... might as well let him get the extra time, also guessing without Brees we go 2-2 over those weeks he is out

It's great that Payton doesn't have to officially announce his starter until right before the game Sunday.
There's nothing better than making the Falcons plan for two different styles of offense. However, I still get the feeling that Payton will use both Winston & Hill during the game and adjust the snap count in favor of the guy who is getting the job done better with his unique skill set. I doubt either guy will play the QB role exclusively.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom