Update from Coach Guido including What's Happening with MT (with an update from Andrus) (2 Viewers)

I mean, we traded Jimmy Graham. I think that was about the extent of how much of that ridiculous imaginary meeting proved to be true.
Well Jimmy got paid a lot closer to how he wanted to get paid, and Sean cold jettisoned him, and wherever he's been, he's looked pedestrian, like a ghost almost, because Sean was best at creating his match-up advantages, Drew was best at finding him, and those are 2/3 components to his greatness he hasn't sniffed anywhere else. Career arc was HOF, now I don't know if its the hall of good. When was the last time Jimmy Graham was a relevant threat as a TE?

Well Jimmy got paid a lot closer to how he wanted to get paid, and Sean cold jettisoned him, and wherever he's been, he's looked pedestrian, like a ghost almost, because Sean was best at creating his match-up advantages, Drew was best at finding him, and those are 2/3 components to his greatness he hasn't sniffed anywhere else. Career arc was HOF, now I don't know if its the hall of good. When was the last time Jimmy Graham was a relevant threat as a TE?
I want to thank you for that post back in 2014. I think about it often. One of my favorite pieces of SSF literature/fan fiction.

And you did indeed end up hitting on something with that, too. Your football prognostication is beyond reproach.

That being said, I wish we had kept Jimmy. But oh well. Water under the bridge now.

i think they are trying hard...now. But I do wondering if the distraction of the offseason interfered with their conditioning and preparation. Both have made it big with work ethic and the work they put into the offseason.

The Covid and lack of training camp/preseason probably had far more to do with the offseason distractions than any of the other stuff being talked about.

People forget defenses in general are way behind offenses and are still trying to catch up. I mean, look at Seattle Arizona, freaking track meet, look as the SEC, defenses are getting shredded in a conference traditionally known for powerful defenses. Even Alabama is giving up a ton of yards and points.

Everyone has issues they deal with on a personal level, and they all process it differently, but I don't pretend to know what's going on in people's heads. It's clear Swimmer is just stirring the pot and making stuff up and this is hardly new. You gotta know when to say when, and that hasn't ever happened in this case.

Poked my head into this dumpster fire thread only to see how Andrus weighed in. He rightly went to a reliable source and I feel better now.

*Heading to a bucket of cold water and my Excedrin to relieve the top of my head*

It is a little bit nice to see Nick Underhill avoiding Internet forum drama now...directly at least

The Covid and lack of training camp/preseason probably had far more to do with the offseason distractions than any of the other stuff being talked about.

People forget defenses in general are way behind offenses and are still trying to catch up. I mean, look at Seattle Arizona, freaking track meet, look as the SEC, defenses are getting shredded in a conference traditionally known for powerful defenses. Even Alabama is giving up a ton of yards and points.

Everyone has issues they deal with on a personal level, and they all process it differently, but I don't pretend to know what's going on in people's heads. It's clear Swimmer is just stirring the pot and making stuff up and this is hardly new. You gotta know when to say when, and that hasn't ever happened in this case.

Exactly. It's bad all over as they say. Another thing to keep in mind is that once these guys take the field they aren't thinking about something that happened in the Summer. Off field distractions are the most overblown story in football. When these guys take the field the only thing they're thinking about is trying to hit or avoid being hit by other large men.

And this thread title should be updated to include, "Plus The Vindication of St. PJ". That legendary thread was pretty spot on in hindsight.

I’m a sports Med guy. The difference between a good and great player is less than you think. It’s not that they were sitting on their couch eating Fritos in the offseason. But the little things are what make great players great. Major distractions can alter ones routine.
Exactly. It doesn’t take much to influence things that turn snowballs into avalanches. That was my whole fear with Jenkins completely refusing to understand what Drew was saying, despite Drew was a tone deaf considering what was happening in the country.

Maybe Drew’s slow start is a side product of being forced to watch CNN headlines instead of working out with receivers...I’m half kidding.

My 16 year old son (at the time) predicted we would trade Jimmy Graham right after he fumbled at the goal line during the Atlanta game. He saw SP's reaction to it, then his indifference towards Graham (he usually has a word after someone fumbles) and said
"Dad, this may sound crazy but I really think that SP is done with Jimmy Graham and is going to trade him"

So, yeah, if you throw enough stuff against the wall, some of it is going to stick....
I was in the 300 section right in front of that play. Never seen Saints fans so done with a team in the last decade or so. Miller lites were raining down in the end zone. It also seemed like Jimmy’s alligator arms on crossing routes were a fixture during that span.

Exactly. It doesn’t take much to influence things that turn snowballs into avalanches. That was my whole fear with Jenkins completely refusing to understand what Drew was saying, despite Drew was a tone deaf considering what was happening in the country.

Maybe Drew’s slow start is a side product of being forced to watch CNN headlines instead of working out with receivers...I’m half kidding.

The Jenkins thing is a nothing burger right now, and has been since the season started. I have no doubt that was vetted and dealt with around the time he came back. It's old and irrelevant news. The players have moved on. Fans should too.

And slow starts are nothing new for Brees. He's starting to find his stride now, and that slow start for him probably has a lot to do with the lack of work put in with the newer receivers. They're connecting better now.

I was in the 300 section right in front of that play. Never seen Saints fans so done with a team in the last decade or so. Miller lites were raining down in the end zone. It also seemed like Jimmy’s alligator arms on crossing routes were a fixture during that span.
What season was that? I can’t seem to remember that one - and typically the bad games or moments are etched in my memory.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom