Update from Coach Guido including What's Happening with MT (with an update from Andrus) (4 Viewers)

It must be pretty tiring being the only logical, independent thinker on these boards. It can't possibly be that you might actually be wrong from time to time?

Sheesh. Everyone can have their own opinions about this stuff, but all of your posts disagreeing with people eventually come down to lazy (and inaccurate) dismissals like, "logic is extinct around here", "I'm fighting for rational thought because it is lost on the rest of you", etc.

If you really believe all that, why even bother trying to talk to us drooling lemmings?

Reading a post from him is basically just seeing the Dunning Kruger effect in action in real time.

Yeah, I want to say the bottle throwing thing was before Jimmy came on the scene. But I'm not entirely sure.
These were the aluminum bottles and cans and think it was during commercial. Maybe not even noticed if they weren’t flying over your head.

Lot of guests on this thread. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Аныоне кнош гоод ВПН сервицес оут тчере? Аскинг фор а фриенд.

Live shot:

348s.jpg

I don’t know the truth...but much of what Florio said and was crucified for was confirmed by Andrus’s legitimate source. And Andrus’s legitimate source has a history of guarding his words to protect Saints players. So it wouldn’t be surprising in the least of the rest of the Florio article was accurate. Logically there is context and details that are being withheld by Andrus’s source...which was even eluded to in Andrus’s words. I mean is it that far fetched that CGM is a little bit crazy? I mean...we already know that.
Continue to disagree.

I still see a lot of embroidery on what is a fairly plain and simple piece of cloth.

You keep adding frills to suit your taste, I'll stick to the plain and obvious.

These were the aluminum bottles and cans and think it was during commercial. Maybe not even noticed if they weren’t flying over your head.
Is that also the time they started confiscating the caps off bottles so they couldn't be thrown?

Continue to disagree.

I still see a lot of embroidery on what is a fairly plain and simple piece of cloth.

You keep adding frills to suit your taste, I'll stick to the plain and obvious.

So you will trust an unnamed source presented by Andrus but you won’t trust a named source named by Florio? That’s essentially the definition of bias.

Is that also the time they started confiscating the caps off bottles so they couldn't be thrown?
Pretty sure that was a league-wide mandate following “Bottlegate” in 2001.

I’d mentioned the Saints/Rams game in 01’ as one I’d remembered bottles raining down. Apparently someone on YouTube made a video about that game and referenced it as “Bottlegate 2”.

Pretty sure that was a league-wide mandate following “Bottlegate” in 2001.

I’d mentioned the Saints/Rams game in 01’ as one I’d remembered bottles raining down. Apparently someone on YouTube made a video about that game and referenced it as “Bottlegate 2”.

Was it THAT long ago? Wow. Still using the old field turf. You'd think stadium pricing alone would keep people from flinging full bottles of beer away.

What exactly is the illogical group think? Instead of bragging about your logic, at least state a specific example of this groupthink you speak of.

How about this...people vilify Florio for saying something. Then Andrus presents an unnamed source who essentially confirms the Florio article...and people STILL blast Florio and somehow take Andrus’s unknown source as gospel. And the same people who blast Florio and except Andrus’s unnamed source gospel are the same exact people who also criticize Swimmers unnamed source. How does one both accept and reject the SAME EXACT story. The answer is illogical groupthink resulting in one big cluster you know what of bias.

How about this...people vilify Florio for saying something. Then Andrus presents an unnamed source who essentially confirms the Florio article...and people STILL blast Florio and somehow take Andrus’s unknown source as gospel. And the same people who blast Florio and except Andrus’s unnamed source gospel are the same exact people who also criticize Swimmers unnamed source. How does one both accept and reject the SAME EXACT story. The answer is illogical groupthink resulting in one big cluster you know what of bias.

Well, tbh, I haven't read anything Florio has written on the subject. So I didn't know his take until you brought it up here. I can't speak for anyone else here, but some like Florio, and some not so much. He's hit on some stories and whiffed on others. It is what it is. A lot of people have a wide variety of opinions on him, which isn't at all surprising.

I've known Andrus for 20+ years and I'm certain of several things. One, he's always been fair, even to people who don't like or agree with him. Two, I've always found him to be straightforward and tends to not embellish the truth, three, I can't think of anyone here I trust more than him. I feel like he's more than earned the benefit of the doubt from me.

That being said, if he trusts his source, then that's good enough for me. If Florio's source and Andrus' source are telling similar stories, works for me.

From what I've read so far, I'm not really seeing the groupthink that you claim to see. People are often biased and see what they want to see. That comes with the territory sometimes. Human nature.

Ultimately, to each his own. I can only speak to my perspective and let the chips fall where they may.

Well, tbh, I haven't read anything Florio has written on the subject. So I didn't know his take until you brought it up here. I can't speak for anyone else here, but some like Florio, and some not so much. He's hit on some stories and whiffed on others. It is what it is. A lot of people have a wide variety of opinions on him, which isn't at all surprising.

I've known Andrus for 20+ years and I'm certain of several things. One, he's always been fair, even to people who don't like or agree with him. Two, I've always found him to be straightforward and tends to not embellish the truth, three, I can't think of anyone here I trust more than him. I feel like he's more than earned the benefit of the doubt from me.

That being said, if he trusts his source, then that's good enough for me. If Florio's source and Andrus' source are telling similar stories, works for me.

From what I've read so far, I'm not really seeing the groupthink that you claim to see. People are often biased and see what they want to see. That comes with the territory sometimes. Human nature.

Ultimately, to each his own. I can only speak to my perspective and let the chips fall where they may.

Fair enough. For the record, there is no reason to think that Andrus's source is wrong. It's all very plausible based on what we know about the situation and the people involved.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom