Update from Coach Guido including What's Happening with MT (with an update from Andrus) (1 Viewer)

Okay, here's my take, fwiw from someone who has pretty much retired from participating and I now mostly lurk--

I think Swimmer was playing a bit of long-game, trolling. He had some genuine legitimacy when his "insider" allegedly had some 411 about the Saints drafting Davenport; but then again, anybody who isn't an "insider" could have speculated the same. Some were sucked into this nonsense; the staff even game him a platform via PM for those wanted to continue being suckers (yes, suckers--you folks were conned and can't come to grips with it) to continue receiving this "insider" information.

I've come to the come to the conclusion that any deliberate misinformation or communication in bad faith (claiming "insider" information based on false pretenses) isn't good in ANY context. As others have stated, this site has higher standards than others for a reason. There's a big difference between stating that you're just speculating and guessing and having actual, factual information regarding players, trades, the team, etc. Swimmer either didn't know the difference, or refused to acknowledge the difference.

I'm glad this giant con game is over and done with. But I do have to admit, it was entertaining while it lasted.

This is the first Swimmer thread that I have clicked in a long time and all I can say is.

tenor.gif

Lol let's not get carried away. Swimmer was no saint. He used to go at people extremely hard if they called him out on his info. His go to move was to suggest someone had some sort of mental impairment. That was his special move. If he got backed into a corner boom, "I'm done because you obviously need help. It's not that serious."

I forget her name, I think it was Football lady, those two went round and round for a few months. Every thread turned into a knife fight. I know because it was super entertaining.

200.gif

[/QUOTE

To be fair, there is disagreeing and debate, then there is being plan cruel and ugly and condescending as could be... that lady wasn't a lady, so in regards to that one person, I don't think Swimmer's responses were all that inappropriate

To be fair, there is disagreeing and debate, then there is being plan cruel and ugly and condescending as could be... that lady wasn't a lady, so in regards to that one person, I don't think Swimmer's responses were all that inappropriate
Football Seemed to be in a bad mood often.

I've been banned a few times, and each time, it would not allow me to leave the screen where it informs you of being banned... would not let me accept/acknowledge. No matter what computer I used, I literally could not get passed that screen. The only way to look at SR would be to clear cookies and sign in information, but even the minute you sign in to try and pm anyone, you can't get passed the "you are banned for --- infraction' / "acknowledge" screen. Has that been fixed, or is it just weird to my phone, laptop, and desktop each using different ISP and different browser service? Also, from that screen it is impossible to figure out what it is you are banned for.
It's an ip thing....back when I was a mod on another board we dealt with it all the time. People would get banned and create a troll account but their ip would still be the same. That's been 10+ years ago and on vbulletin so I'm sure some things have changed since then.

I've been banned a few times, and each time, it would not allow me to leave the screen where it informs you of being banned... would not let me accept/acknowledge. No matter what computer I used, I literally could not get passed that screen. The only way to look at SR would be to clear cookies and sign in information, but even the minute you sign in to try and pm anyone, you can't get passed the "you are banned for --- infraction' / "acknowledge" screen. Has that been fixed, or is it just weird to my phone, laptop, and desktop each using different ISP and different browser service? Also, from that screen it is impossible to figure out what it is you are banned for.

I'm not sure exactly how it's supposed to work. Someone more familiar with the system might be able to explain it, but it was my understanding that banned posters can still PM the staff. So, I'm not sure if that issue has been fixed or whatever. I want to say I've PM'd banned posters before, but maybe not. Not 100% sure. I've just talked to a lot of posters over the years and don't ever recall that coming up.

Football Seemed to be in a bad mood often.

Why are ya'll talking about her past tense? Don't tell me she got the ban hammer too. I can't say that's surprising. She would cross all kinds of lines fighting with Swimmer.

Happy to see nuts getting culled. In the minimal amount of time I have to give to SR, I come for the insight from people more knowledgeable than me on X's and O's, not folks with personality disorders trolling for attention. Kudos to Andrus and the admins. The quality of the board immediately improved.

I'm not sure exactly how it's supposed to work. Someone more familiar with the system might be able to explain it, but it was my understanding that banned posters can still PM the staff. So, I'm not sure if that issue has been fixed or whatever. I want to say I've PM'd banned posters before, but maybe not. Not 100% sure. I've just talked to a lot of posters over the years and don't ever recall that coming up.
I was last banned for a brief time earlier this year, and like the previous time, the minute you refresh your screen from what the browser was on prior to ban (i.e. posting something from phone on a Sunday, closing browser, then at a time after ban opening browser or refreshing browser on computer at work the next day) it brings you to the screen that notifies you of being banned. There is a place on that screen to acknowledge, however no matter what you click, it never lets you leave that screen... no pm, no logging out, no being able to lurk and just look at home page or threads (as long as you remain logged in). If you have browsers set so that you always stay logged in, the only way to log off while banned is to clear cookies and log in info, or open with a different browser service where you aren't logged in (such as using chrome or edge when you stay logged in on firefox). However, with either of these workarounds I don't believe you can pm someone without being logged in to a registered account, and if you log in again you are immediately brought back to the screen it won't let you leave.

First time I got banned it took me a few weeks just to figure out how what I was banned for, by doing a search in threads I had posted in to find out which post was deleted (I had made a one liner political joke in regards to Antonio Brown blaming the Saints for something he was actually guilty of - literally gave it zero thought that that could get you banned). Anyways, I was banned very briefly earlier this year (I forget at the moment for what, I just know not to speak on politics and to not talk like a sailor), and no matter what device I was logged into and what browser I was using, I experienced that same problem again. I don't know if that is intentional or if it isn't. When the ban expires, you can finally acknowledge the ban by clicking the button on same screen and move on.

As for as IP address, I understand how that works, thought I'm not certain if an IP address is automatically banned, as I'm sure their are married couples and both don't get banned. There is probably something in place alerting staff when a new profile is made from an IP address someone is banned from (I'd imagine). I pay for a VPN service for business I conduct, so I know how to very easily get around any of that, but to be honest, when I'm banned I'm frankly ticked off for the reason I was banned and have zero desire to create another account or post on SR... it takes me some time before I'm over being banned over something I didn't think I would be banned over before I feel the urge to post anything, and by that time, the ban is up. Starting over under a different identity is against who i am in my core - I'm pretty direct and blunt and open with my thoughts, and for years used my full name. I don't believe in hiding behind an avatar, and if I can't say something as me - what's the point?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom