Update from Coach Guido including What's Happening with MT (with an update from Andrus) (1 Viewer)

and as a person of principle, he's even less likely to have "been non-stop trying to make it all good with MJ, Davis and MT"

drew's reputation is sterling and he has no reason to kowtow to anyone
I mean, he and his wife have said they were wrong countless times and he has clearly apologized to his teammates. He has been in commercials and she wrote a very forthright and personal essay about it.

This doesn’t mean that he isn’t “a person of principle”, if anything, it showed why he is so easy to look up to as a leader. Admitting that you made a mistake and apologizing and strengthening the bonds with teammates does not equal “kowtowing”.

I guess some will drink the koolaid no matter what.

If any of this is accurate (and I wouldn't be surprised if it is), what a sad state of affairs. At the risk of getting banned or labeled a certain way, the only problem with Brees' comments was the timing. The man had every right to offer his opinion, just as everyone else was offering theirs at the time. There was nothing racist about what he said, nor was it attacking legitimate gripes about injustice -- if anything it was ill-conceived timing with all that was going on. Everyone in that locker room should know Brees' character and that there isn't a racist bone in that man's body based on every ounce of evidence we have about him. That's what bothered me most about the public attacks against Brees and the efforts to cancel him -- many of which came from some of his own teammates.

If Mike Thomas, Jenkins, Davis, Jordan and others are still holding a grudge against someone who has been shown to be an extremely tolerant and good person -- and then expressing their dissatisfaction by underperforming or acting out -- I don't know what else to say other than to "grow up." Athletes say things all of the time on social media, including MT, that requires grace, patience, and forgiveness. Some of these guys need to look in the mirror.

It all just sickens me and I hope this isn't true, although I suspect much of it is.

There is something different with this team on defense, I figured defense would be most affected by lack of fans
My take is visiting team's QBs don't have to employ silent counts, which essentially negates the ability to audible at the line of scrimmage.

In other words, visiting QBs have the advantage to audible based on the defensive alignment that they otherwise would not have if the stands were packed with fans. That, and their centers being able to easily call out the oline's blocking assignment.

If any of this is accurate (and I wouldn't be surprised if it is), what a sad state of affairs. At the risk of getting banned or labeled a certain way, the only problem with Brees' comments was the timing. The man had every right to offer his opinion, just as everyone else was offering theirs at the time. There was nothing racist about what he said, nor was it attacking legitimate gripes about injustice -- if anything it was ill-conceived timing with all that was going on. Everyone in that locker room should know Brees' character and that there isn't a racist bone in that man's body based on every ounce of evidence we have about him. That's what bothered me most about the public attacks against Brees and the efforts to cancel him -- many of which came from some of his own teammates.

If Mike Thomas, Jenkins, Davis, Jordan and others are still holding a grudge against someone who has been shown to be an extremely tolerant and good person -- and then expressing their dissatisfaction by underperforming or acting out -- I don't know what else to say other than to "grow up." Athletes say things all of the time on social media, including MT, that requires grace, patience, and forgiveness. Some of these guys need to look in the mirror.

It all just sickens me and I hope this isn't true, although I suspect much of it is.

I couldn't have said it better in a million years!!

If these supposedly professional adult men are still holding a grudge against a man like Drew Brees who has proven his character and his worth time and time and time again then they are the ones with the problem!!

Sorry Swimmer, none of this sounds even remotely believable. MT has behaved wildly out of frustration of not being 100% and able to play. Cam is not 100% after an offseason procedure. Davis may not be performing as well as usual, but the whole defense has stinked. It has nothing to do with outside movements or a comment the QB made during the summer.

I was reading some tweets from Adam Schefter and others he stated that the altercation between MT and CGJ was actually started by Malcom Jenkins he was calling MT “slant boy” And CGJ got caught in the middle
When did Schefter say this?

This quote made the rounds a couple of weeks ago but nobody could ever attribute it to anyone of substance.

The only person I could find tweeting that Jenkins started the fight/said the “slant boy” thing (as if that would be a reason to sucker punch a teammate anyway) was some random twitter account by a guy named “Ryan”.

I don’t think Schefter ever actually reported this.

You telling me Davis is still upset about his comment....

You really trying the slander Davis with that nonsense with bringing up a grudge. Davis is one of the most professional player on this team.

Swimmer... You should probably delete this thread

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom