Update from Coach Guido including What's Happening with MT (with an update from Andrus) (1 Viewer)

Swimmer

Medsamust Saint Fan
Reaction score
The Saints are still suffering from Brees comments during the offseason. Brees has been non-stop trying to make it all good with MJ, Davis and MT.

Racial issues are at a very sensitive height on pro teams right now. Thomas is a very emotional guy. This is one of the reasons he's so great when he focuses that energy on being the best WR. However, MT is not letting go of Brees offseason comments and that has set off his emotions on racial prejudice. A lot of minority players were excited about BLM and have come to support it. But a good deal of the minority players think that BLM has lost its momentum and most of the issues it addressed will get washed aside like other previous racial justice movements in the US had happen.

Here's one I remember near exact from Guido, "If anybody who knows football thinks Cam Jordan and Davis are playing 100%, they need glasses."

He went on to explain the team dynamics even deeper. He said that Coach Payton is a very emotional guy and he has used that energy to channel top performance through his players.. That's one reason why the Saints teams over the last few years have won so many close big games. Now, just lessen the impact of Coach Payton's impact on firing up the players even 5%-10% and it plays out on the field as 2, 3, 4 or more losses in a year, top playoff seeding or no playoffs at all. I know, I lost my locker room one year, just a small bit, but it resulted in a losing season.

Mike Thomas has fed off Coach Payton's energy his entire career with the Saints. High emotion of head coach plus high emotion of a talented player resulted in top performance. Michael Thomas is actually hurt emotionally over all this and has yet to forgive Brees. Mike's high emotions are working against him right now. He is not acting professionally. You fans get enamored by the huge paydays some of these guys make and think they are Super-Human. But they are not. They are as human as all of us and they get their feelings hurt, especially over super sensitive matters, hurt like the rest of us.

Guido has no idea how this will play out, but he thinks the season depends on it. He heard that the locker room was coming around in the last few weeks. Michael Thomas is adding a drag to that improvement.

Edit - I just remembered something else he said along these lines. He said that Coach Payton being so emotional plays out in his teams starting slow, and that's by design. Payton wants his teams at peak emotions come the playoffs and knows a team can't stay sky high for the entire season and playoffs.

MOD EDIT: THE FOLLOWING WAS POSTED ON PAGE 6 OF THE RESPONSES BY ANDRUS:

Some of you need to allow time for rumors like this to be investigated and to play out. Were it harmless, I would let it go as we usually do, but this one isn't harmless.

I have my own source. I sent that source a link to this thread. He later called me, and in short...

• The fight was between Michael Thomas and Chauncey Gardner, period! Malcolm Jenkins was not involved contrary to what Adam Schoeffler was said to have reported hearing. It wasn't the first time that those two had gotten into it. They had gotten into a scrap when the Saints visited Seattle last season. Issue: Personality conflict.

• When the fight happened Demario jumped in and broke it up, and Payton ran into the fray and scolded Thomas. Thomas' response to Payton was extremely disrespectful. Extremely! I can't post what he said due to our own rules, but trust me when I tell you that it is not something that you should ever consider saying to your head coach. THAT is the problem here. It had to be dealt with. Thomas was kicked off the field and received disciplinary action. Thomas was not happy about being disciplined. So my source saw some feuding going on between the two. Is it still going on? I don't know as my source didn't say. But he said that Thomas doesn't seem to be dealing well with being injured, any more than Payton doesn't deal well with that type of disrespect from a player.

• Players don't have a problem with Brees. That all ended with the meeting where they worked things out. Those guys are over it, are focused on football, and just want to win. The alleged lingering carryover is false.

• Malcolm Jenkins is not a problem in the locker room. The social injustice commentary that you've seen from him on TV, etc. never enters the locker room.

• The stuff about Demario and Cam not going 100% is utter nonsense. Those guys are pros. They go 100% all of the time. They wouldn't lay down for such ridiculous reasons as alleged.

• The Payton motivation stats and figures? My source, thinks the OP has a rather vivid imagination. It's nonsense!

I asked if he was 100% on this. His reply was "You can take it all to the bank". I am VERY confident in my source. There was a lot more, but I will limit it to the above, and then only to make the necessary counters, with my sources permission.

I am not one to post rumors. I have received information over the years because I keep it to myself. I said that to say this... It isn't easy reading Swimmer's rumor posts when I know there is little, if any truth to them. When they were harmless, we let them go for the entertainment that his following seemed to get from them. When they pushed the envelope we checked him on them. This one isn't at all harmless. I knew this one was nonsense as soon as I read it, even before I contacted my source. Yet, I wanted to be certain.

I know some of you are fed up with him... some of the staff has been fed up with Swimmer for the longest time. I have finally had my fill... and then some.

Last edited by a moderator:
I appreciate the scoop, but I’m sorry I’m not buying this.

MT has always been fiery and over sensitive, but he was able to channel that all out on the field. He hasn’t been able to do anything regarding his passion in almost seven weeks. MT ain’t thinking about Brees. MT is thinking about record books he wanted to continue to etch his name in and this season has thrown a monkey wrench into that.

He may be mad (at Sean) and that he got injured during clean up time. But I highly doubt this Summer’s dust up is what’s got MT acting this way.

Futhermore, we’ve all witnessed what a stressed Saints locker room looks like: 2014-2016. I have never once felt that this team has been anything but united in finding a way to win. Lesser teams (Cowboys) become unglued missing their key players. We’ve gotten better on Offense. Once MT gets back and in rhythm on the field, all this will be a distant memory just like Kamara’s injury plagued season.

I appreciate the scoop, but I’m sorry I’m not buying this.

MT has always been fiery and over sensitive, but he was able to channel that all out on the field. He hasn’t been able to do anything regarding his passion in almost seven weeks. MT ain’t thinking about Brees. MT is thinking about record books he wanted to continue to etch his name in and this season has thrown a monkey wrench into that.

He may be mad (at Sean) and that he got injured during clean up time. But I highly doubt this Summer’s dust up is what’s got MT acting this way.

Futhermore, we’ve all witnessed what a stressed Saints locker room looks like: 2014-2016. I have never once felt that this team has been anything but united in finding a way to win. Lesser teams (Cowboys) become unglued missing their key players. We’ve gotten better on Offense. Once MT gets back and in rhythm on the field, all this will be a distant memory just like Kamara’s injury plagued season.

You reminded me. Thx. He did say that if Kamara goes down, the season is gone.

If any of this is accurate (and I wouldn't be surprised if it is), what a sad state of affairs. At the risk of getting banned or labeled a certain way, the only problem with Brees' comments was the timing. The man had every right to offer his opinion, just as everyone else was offering theirs at the time. There was nothing racist about what he said, nor was it attacking legitimate gripes about injustice -- if anything it was ill-conceived timing with all that was going on. Everyone in that locker room should know Brees' character and that there isn't a racist bone in that man's body based on every ounce of evidence we have about him. That's what bothered me most about the public attacks against Brees and the efforts to cancel him -- many of which came from some of his own teammates.

If Mike Thomas, Jenkins, Davis, Jordan and others are still holding a grudge against someone who has been shown to be an extremely tolerant and good person -- and then expressing their dissatisfaction by underperforming or acting out -- I don't know what else to say other than to "grow up." Athletes say things all of the time on social media, including MT, that requires grace, patience, and forgiveness. Some of these guys need to look in the mirror.

It all just sickens me and I hope this isn't true, although I suspect much of it is.

Even "The Herd" said something is wrong with the defense...Lattimore, Jordan, where are sacks?....Something aint right he said....He maybe on to something. He also said they had to come from behind the last 3 wins........and opposing QB's have 110+ QB rating.........In other words Saints not going anywhere....:p

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom