Update from Coach Guido including What's Happening with MT (with an update from Andrus) (2 Viewers)

I could see how Drew's comments would be divisive. I would hope they would have found a common ground by now, but for some I could see how it's still affecting them. Either way these guys get paid well to perform. And some just aren't doing so. Drew's comments have nothing to do with our secondary not covering folks. And if these guys are selfish enough to waste the superhuman play of Kamara and others to prove some kind of point then shame on them!

I do not know what is going on. But something seems amiss. I will withhold judgment until we learn more. But given how divisive and destructive our politics has become, I am reluctant to dismiss the possibility that there is some truth in the original post.

There is something different with this team on defense, I figured defense would be most affected by lack of fans

I don’t watch other teams/games so I do t know if defenses are playing down this year

well that too but there is method to his madness. Sometimes what we have around here is just chaotic madness
I was just trying to start a vicious rumor that Payton needs a straightjacket by heavily redacting your post.

But surrusly, we all have a lot of emotional energy right now. MT mos def does and it seems a little more on the surface (but it's hard to know him). Payton does but it seems a little more capped. Personally, I'm hoping he blows a gasket and pops his cap into Dennis Allen. Like I have NO CLUE what's wrong with this defense but we were SUPPOSEDLY addressing it.

A couple of reasons why I think this is false.
1.) Cam and DD are two ultra standup guys. They don’t half step on the field. That’s not in their DNA.
2.) I’m sure MT has forgiven Drew bc Drew’s comments didn’t come from a bad place. MT and anyone on the team knows that. His comments just came at a bad time.

The Saints are still suffering from Brees comments during the offseason. Brees has been non-stop trying to make it all good with MJ, Davis and MT.

Racial issues are at a very sensitive height on pro teams right now. Thomas is a very emotional guy. This is one of the reasons he's so great when he focuses that energy on being the best WR. However, MT is not letting go of Brees offseason comments and that has set off his emotions on racial prejudice. A lot of minority players were excited about BLM and have come to support it. But a good deal of the minority players think that BLM has lost its momentum and most of the issues it addressed will get washed aside like other previous racial justice movements in the US had happen.

Here's one I remember near exact from Guido, "If anybody who knows football thinks Cam Jordan and Davis are playing 100%, they need glasses."

He went on to explain the team dynamics even deeper. He said that Coach Payton is a very emotional guy and he has used that energy to channel top performance through his players.. That's one reason why the Saints teams over the last few years have won so many close big games. Now, just lessen the impact of Coach Payton's impact on firing up the players even 5%-10% and it plays out on the field as 2, 3, 4 or more losses in a year, top playoff seeding or no playoffs at all. I know, I lost my locker room one year, just a small bit, but it resulted in a losing season.

Mike Thomas has fed off Coach Payton's energy his entire career with the Saints. High emotion of head coach plus high emotion of a talented player resulted in top performance. Michael Thomas is actually hurt emotionally over all this and has yet to forgive Brees. Mike's high emotions are working against him right now. He is not acting professionally. You fans get enamored by the huge paydays some of these guys make and think they are Super-Human. But they are not. They are as human as all of us and they get their feelings hurt, especially over super sensitive matters, hurt like the rest of us.

Guido has no idea how this will play out, but he thinks the season depends on it. He heard that the locker room was coming around in the last few weeks. Michael Thomas is adding a drag to that improvement.

Edit - I just remembered something else he said along these lines. He said that Coach Payton being so emotional plays out in his teams starting slow, and that's by design. Payton wants his teams at peak emotions come the playoffs and knows a team can't stay sky high for the entire season and playoffs.
I thought the whole Coach Pete thing was banned from this forum?

I don't think that the Saints suspend CGM for punching Ceedy Smelly Duce. Sorry...but that would just be stupid. Logic would suggest that there was something else that led up to this that resulted in the suspension and that the fight was just the camel that broke the camel's back. We all know the CGM is a little bit crazy. That's ok...as long as he doesn't get suspended and did doesn't disrupt the locker room. But if the Saints see him heading down the wrong path...it's a horrible situation to be in...but you don't just like him spiral downhill without getting something for him first.

Look. I know a guy that met a girl who had an old boyfriend that once cleaned Guido's neighbor's pool , and he told me that she told him that he said the guy with the pool told him that last time he caught his neighbor Guido skinny dipping in his pool, he promised him a CGM autograph as he was jumping back over the fence trying to dodge the buckshot. So hey, it could all be true.

I was just trying to start a vicious rumor that Payton needs a straightjacket by heavily redacting your post.

But surrusly, we all have a lot of emotional energy right now. MT mos def does and it seems a little more on the surface (but it's hard to know him). Payton does but it seems a little more capped. Personally, I'm hoping he blows a gasket and pops his cap into Dennis Allen. Like I have NO CLUE what's wrong with this defense but we were SUPPOSEDLY addressing it.

nobody does. But we are 4-2 so we are still in the season to find out what’s wrong with the D. It’s a lot better than talking about next year IMO. And I may be in the minority now but I still think there is a chance we get the defense formidable enough to salvage a good year. It would not be the first time a team figured it out mid season, it would t even be the first for the Saints.

And I may be in the minority now but I still think there is a chance we get the defense formidable enough to salvage a good year. It would not be the first time a team figured it out mid season, it would t even be the first for the Saints.
Oh, I remain hopeful because we're supposed to have talent. I dunno.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom