Update from Coach Guido including What's Happening with MT (with an update from Andrus) (1 Viewer)

Had many good PM with Swimmer really liked him. Was going to meet up with him one time but due to unforeseen circumstances wasn't able to hang with the Swim. That said, this thread crossed the line and should have been posted.
Swimmer: "And you will deny me 3 times before the Bears game"
Jason (Swimmer's friend): "...yeah that sounds about right"

j/k we all grieve in our own way

Was he banned for the OP, or did he say something during the discussion that got him banned. I read the OP and Andrus comment, but can't get through all of these pages looking for the smoking gun prior to the game in 6 hours.

My two cents, but I felt for a long time, like he was honestly a decent guy but had a pathological need to feel important on here and was willing to do anything to keep himself in the center of the SR universe. He wasn't maybe a pathological liar but something akin to it. It was about how SR made him look at himself as something bigger than how he he looked at himself without it.

I see both sides of the argument.

Yes he was entertaining and yes his lies and disinformation were annoying and sometimes hurtful, but he made me smile a couple times, and I'm not one to let anything internet-related affect me negatively in any direction by more than .01%. That being said, I continue to visit this site bc the mods are some of the best out there at promoting integrity and with swim here, that integrity was compromised somewhat. Good luck in life swimmer.

My one attempted interaction with him through pm never received a response. Won't go into detail because it doesn't matter anymore, but I don't believe he's the great guy he portrayed himself to be

Was he banned for the OP, or did he say something during the discussion that got him banned. I read the OP and Andrus comment, but can't get through all of these pages looking for the smoking gun prior to the game in 6 hours.

I haven't read all the pages either, but it's clear to me that Swimmer got banned because he libeled three players. Speculation is fine, even a fun part of sports. There's nothing wrong with advocating for crazy trades, or expressing opinions about rumors.

There is something very wrong with accusing Michael Thomas, Cam Jordan, and Demario Davis of tanking over racial tensions on the team. That is a flat-out accusation of wrongdoing. It hurts the players and the team. It is the kind of thing even the national media won't stoop to, although I think the allegations that MT wants off the team that Mike Florio has spread come very close.

You don't accuse athletes of failing to play their best unless you have absolute proof. It is character assassination, the kind of stuff that ruins careers, and it should not be allowed.

A lot of people on here unfortunately believed every word he said.
Right, his posts are so in depth he fools people. I didn’t read it all. His Joe burrow thing was so foolish. I don’t really like him being banned because he’s entertaining but I understand

I'll just say it wasn't just for this one thing. This stuff has been a long running issue.

too long to read all the comments and if something similar to this was posted I do apologize. Here where I live there is a high school team. They returned 21 of the 22 starters from last year. They were pretty decent last year. I work with one of the players, his dad owns the business I work at and the young man will not lie to me. They got a new coach over the summer and now they are losing games left and right. Maybe, just maybe, it is the coaching here in New Orleans. I can't think of anything else to explain this drastic drop off except Jenkins fell off a cliff talent wise and the two corners just forgot how to play. They need to fix whatever it is before it is too late. I would really hate to see, if it is Drew's last season, this team to go out like this. We can win games but the truly great teams will destroy us come playoff time.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom