Update on PI rule change (1 Viewer)

Redjem

Editor, Writer, Podcast Host and SR Twitter Ninja
Staff member
Super Moderator
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score

The only thing I hate about this amendment is that we could see more stoppages. Also, plays not reviewed will be heavily scrutinized after-the-fact.

I love that this is being discussed and implemented, as I have always thought P.I. should be reviewable. But even as a Saints fan, I have to admit that it is inevitable that it is going to be a bit sloppy more than likely if not done correctly.

If it's up to some person in a booth then the last two minutes are going to take a long time. I don't envy their job because some form of holding or PI is happening on almost every pass attempt. Teams like the Seahawks would blatantly mug receivers knowing that refs couldn't call PI every play. It's going to be the same with the replay official. They're going to have to pick their spots.

I'm going to dig this post up at the end of the next season.

I feel like with our luck the past few seasons we will make it to the superbowl.. win on a last second gadget play hail mary... Micheal Thomas will have a finger nail swipe on the CB and the booth reviews reverses game over.

If it's up to some person in a booth then the last two minutes are going to take a long time. I don't envy their job because some form of holding or PI is happening on almost every pass attempt. Teams like the Seahawks would blatantly mug receivers knowing that refs couldn't call PI every play. It's going to be the same with the replay official. They're going to have to pick their spots.

they should call it every time it happens - it's "rules enforcement", it's required of all sports.

Kinda curious if this emboldens more teams to adopt that strategy

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom