Update on Taysom’s Foot (1 Viewer)

Not sure if this is allowed on the forum, but anyone with plantar fascia issues, I cannot recommend Dr. Marty Lang of NOPA enough. Had no idea what was bothering my foot and he diagnosed pf immediately (he used a sonogram I believe to determine it). Got the inserts and its much better. He also does PF surgery. He was able to figure it out when 2 other podiatrists didnt.

Challenging injury that varies from patient to patient. The patient is typically limited by pain, but it is quite intense and definitely interferes with your ability to be a high level athlete. But this is something that typically doesn't take more than a month with professional Sports Med (though I guess it can be debated if the Saints actually have that).

I'm having surgery for mine next month. Can't take the pain anymore. No way he can play with that.

It depends. I've had that from running a lot. I didn't stop running and kept doing therapy and it eventually went away in a few weeks. So, it all depends on how bad it is. I'm guessing that it's not bad enough that he couldn't come in and play QB if he had to, but the running component would be taken out of his game. But, the best case is still a few weeks to heal, and that's if he's not slamming into the D-line on short yardage.

• 1Like
Reactions: MV2
Oh I thought it was as lingering concussion concerns. Glad his ole noggin is fine.

Is it planta fascia, or planta fasciitis? I thought it was fasciitis. Two very different degrees of injury and typee of pain and limited mobility/discomfort. I have had fasciitis. It is very painful and causes a lot of discomfort and limited mobility.

See my other response if you haven't tried the things I mentioned...oh and drink a lot of water and stop drinking energy drinks. They dehydrate the hell out of you and can lead to these types if issues.
I will try it!

It depends. I've had that from running a lot. I didn't stop running and kept doing therapy and it eventually went away in a few weeks. So, it all depends on how bad it is. I'm guessing that it's not bad enough that he couldn't come in and play QB if he had to, but the running component would be taken out of his game. But, the best case is still a few weeks to heal, and that's if he's not slamming into the D-line on short yardage.
Mine hurts to a point that I hate just walking. I don't have NFL level trainers and medical treatment though.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom