Update on the bald eagle i helped to rescue (1 Viewer)

Reaction score

Yeah, I dont get a mention in the article, but it was me who made the phone calls when the amish farmer asked for help. I'll be invited to be at the release, in about a week, in the field next to my cottage.

That's awesome đź‘Ś
It is awesome!! During our last game this all happened, and was a great distraction. Me calling game commission, to just get a message, "call police if it is a wildlife emergency". So I called police, and within 5 minutes game warden was calling me, saying he would be here in 45 minutes. And we weren't even sure it was a bald eagle, but it was huge. Was an awesome rescue.

Yeah, I dont get a mention in the article, but it was me who made the phone calls when the amish farmer asked for help. I'll be invited to be at the release, in about a week, in the field next to my cottage.
1611860763632.jpeg
I have greatly enjoyed the eagles that came into River Ridge Harahan and have several Gigs worth of great pics. Sadly I have not seen them in a couple of years. I know they are still in LaPlace area but not sure that many are coming into town much anymore.

min all seriousness, I’m glad you got to be a part of that.

1611860763632.jpeg
I have greatly enjoyed the eagles that came into River Ridge Harahan and have several Gigs worth of great pics. Sadly I have not seen them in a couple of years. I know they are still in LaPlace area but not sure that many are coming into town much anymore.

min all seriousness, I’m glad you got to be a part of that.
It was amazing. I see an eagle nest when I kayak way downstream, and very rarely see an eagle flying over the river, but I'm not really looking.
I'd like to think this juvenile eagle came from that nest.

The online responses were mostly great about this eagle rescued from a manure pit...a few went political and thought it represented America rescued from...well you know where that went. Haha. I thought it was more likely symbolic of the Philadelphia eagles who took a crap this year.

It was amazing. I see an eagle nest when I kayak way downstream, and very rarely see an eagle flying over the river, but I'm not really looking.
I'd like to think this juvenile eagle came from that nest.

The online responses were mostly great about this eagle rescued from a manure pit...a few went political and thought it represented America rescued from...well you know where that went. Haha. I thought it was more likely symbolic of the Philadelphia eagles who took a crap this year.

i was lucky enough to find a neat close to the levee and watched as the Eagles expanded and then sat on at least one egg. I have a bunch of video of them feeding the baby and I was there the day she first flew (I’m guessing that part but I was there the days prior also). Less than a week after the baby flew they departed. I need to put some of that together and load YouTube. When I do I’ll come back and post here.

i was lucky enough to find a neat close to the levee and watched as the Eagles expanded and then sat on at least one egg. I have a bunch of video of them feeding the baby and I was there the day she first flew (I’m guessing that part but I was there the days prior also). Less than a week after the baby flew they departed. I need to put some of that together and load YouTube. When I do I’ll come back and post here.
I would love to see that. "My" rescued girl was 3-4 yrs old, not quite yet with the recognizable traits of a grown eagle, and thankfully not yet partnered with her mate. I cant wait to watch her release, and I will now pay more attention to watching out the windows to look for her babies in the future.

I would love to see that. "My" rescued girl was 3-4 yrs old, not quite yet with the recognizable traits of a grown eagle, and thankfully not yet partnered with her mate. I cant wait to watch her release, and I will now pay more attention to watching out the windows to look for her babies in the future.

here is one still I had on my phone. You can barely see the baby unfortunately

1611887550254.jpeg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom