Update on the bald eagle i helped to rescue (1 Viewer)

truly an awesome experience. Must have been incredible to be so close.
It really was awesome. The eagle arrived with a "muzzle" over her face, and the rehab lady easily took it off, with no gloves. When they opened up the crate, it took about 5 seconds for her to come out, and fly. I was on cloud 9 all day, after witnessing it. I've named her "stinky", and hope to see her again.

It really was awesome. The eagle arrived with a "muzzle" over her face, and the rehab lady easily took it off, with no gloves. When they opened up the crate, it took about 5 seconds for her to come out, and fly. I was on cloud 9 all day, after witnessing it. I've named her "stinky", and hope to see her again.

Im really glad you savored it. I am glad I did as well as I have not seen them in a few years. I know they aren't far, it would just be a bigger commitment out of the day.

here is the cool little age chart I mentioned earlier.

130453756_3476844649030643_5672084099956968214_o(1).jpg
Also, I just posted this to youtube. Problem is, I was walking my dog so I was not lugging a tripod out with us every time. And at this zoom level, I needed the tripod as you can tell lol. At first I thought I was just filming the two parents but then finally noticed the babies white fuzz head to the left of the tree.

Im really glad you savored it. I am glad I did as well as I have not seen them in a few years. I know they aren't far, it would just be a bigger commitment out of the day.

here is the cool little age chart I mentioned earlier.

130453756_3476844649030643_5672084099956968214_o(1).jpg
Also, I just posted this to youtube. Problem is, I was walking my dog so I was not lugging a tripod out with us every time. And at this zoom level, I needed the tripod as you can tell lol. At first I thought I was just filming the two parents but then finally noticed the babies white fuzz head to the left of the tree.

You must have an amazing camera! That is beautiful.

You must have an amazing camera! That is beautiful.

i just bought one of those superzoom cannons for about 350 or so when they first showed up. To do that with my SLR camera would take a monster lens that would be out of my range and would also make me not want to lug it often. Very happy with the power shot. Combined with a sling strap that screws in to the tripod shoe mount and you can forget you are even wearing it.

i just bought one of those superzoom cannons for about 350 or so when they first showed up. To do that with my SLR camera would take a monster lens that would be out of my range and would also make me not want to lug it often. Very happy with the power shot. Combined with a sling strap that screws in to the tripod shoe mount and you can forget you are even wearing it.
I have no idea what you just said, but your pics are amazing. The photographer who filmed "stinkys" release had a huge camera.

I have no idea what you just said, but your pics are amazing. The photographer who filmed "stinkys" release had a huge camera.

and that lens cost several thousand easily. Out of my league lol

thank you though.

this is along the lines of what I have and what I was talking about above. Zooming on a budget. I have one of the nice SLR cameras too but the zoom lenses are really expensive and huge. They have to be to let in enough light at those high zooms.
Canon PowerShot SX540 Digital Camera w/ 50x Optical Zoom - Wi-Fi & NFC Enabled (Black), 1 - 1067C001 Amazon product ASIN B019UDIAI6

Last edited:
This is really sad

Nationwide, bald and golden eagles are continually exposed to the toxic heavy metal, according to research that tested more than 1,200 eagles from Alaska to Florida.

The study, which was published Thursday in the journal Science, evaluated eagles in 38 states, testing their bones, feathers, livers and blood for lead. Researchers found that 46 percent of bald eagles and 47 percent of golden eagles had chronic lead poisoning.

Reminds me of my Alma Mater whom never figured out how to properly haven a golden eagle.

USM - Student Printz Golden Eagle Deaths 25th Anniversary

Reminds me of my Alma Mater whom never figured out how to properly haven a golden eagle.

USM - Student Printz Golden Eagle Deaths 25th Anniversary

Yeh, if you can’t afford to pay for a professional keeper or at the very least have someone on campus that’s qualified and competent, you have no business with a live mascot.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom