Update on Thomas and Landry (1 Viewer)

That's accurate and fair. I agree and add that unless you watch the all 22 film knowing the play called, then you can't judge if the QB is doing what he's asked to do.

To best see what the QB sees, we'd need QB helmet cameras. Sometimes OL and DL players obstruct a QB's view in ways you can't see on the all 22.
Yep. We need cameras to see the whole field at once, but folks expect QBs to do that perfectly with two eyes while grown men seek to destroy them. It's a tough gig. So they make the big bucks and the expectations of their play is the highest on the team. They take the glory in the wins and the lumps when they stand at the podium after a loss.

I've never been a QB in my life. I've never played ball beyond high school and that was as an offensive guard. I can't even begin to understand what it means to play football at the hardest position and at the highest level. Truthfully, I don't even have the knowledge to judge the play of any player. I only know what my knowledge level and eyes tell me when I see someone play. Most of us couldn't read a defense in the Sun Belt Conference, yet we criticize these guys like we have gold jackets in our closets. I'm as guilty of it as anybody. End of rant.

Sunday- Start Dalton which have the same outcome and probably worse

Monday- Fire Pete Carmichael, Ronald Curry and Doug Marrone

Tuesday- Bring in an outside experienced Offensive Coordinator with Playcalling ability using the existing offense

Tuesday- Bring in an outside experienced Offensive Coordinator with Playcalling ability using the existing offense
Pretty much the definition of tanking!

That would send us to oblivion.

No coach will come off of the street and call our plays not knowing our system. I'm in favor of Pete Carmichael being relieved of his duties, but someone like Curry would need to call plays. He's already our QB coach and passing game coordinator.

actually we will start winning with a competent playcaller

Calling run/pass at which down and distance is a skillset that not everyone is good at

Pete Carmicheal is terrible at it
Pete Carmichael is a great offensive mind, he just doesn't know which play to call at the right moment which is why Sean Payton called the plays. Dennis Allen only knows Defense and he is letting Pete Carmichael call the plays. Maybe Pete needs to call it from the booth. I don't think he can do it from the sidelines. Anyway, it's the play calling that is the problem and Pete can't do it. Even I know what play we will do when I see the game.

Yep. We need cameras to see the whole field at once, but folks expect QBs to do that perfectly with two eyes while grown men seek to destroy them. It's a tough gig. So they make the big bucks and the expectations of their play is the highest on the team. They take the glory in the wins and the lumps when they stand at the podium after a loss.

I've never been a QB in my life. I've never played ball beyond high school and that was as an offensive guard. I can't even begin to understand what it means to play football at the hardest position and at the highest level. Truthfully, I don't even have the knowledge to judge the play of any player. I only know what my knowledge level and eyes tell me when I see someone play. Most of us couldn't read a defense in the Sun Belt Conference, yet we criticize these guys like we have gold jackets in our closets. I'm as guilty of it as anybody. End of rant.
Great post. I would have zero clue how to breakdown a defense, also never played anything past high school. I marvel at the athleticism of these guys.

Which brings me to my pet peeve, anyone (especially randoms on a sports message board) calling a player ‘trash’ or any other personal slight. These players are literally 1%’ers and the best in the world. Even the fringe players, to even be able to get to that level. Which is why you’ll never see me call a player trash…even if I’m not a fan of their ability. That’s just ludicrous and hilarious coming from folks on a message board.

Pete Carmichael is a great offensive mind, he just doesn't know which play to call at the right moment which is why Sean Payton called the plays. Dennis Allen only knows Defense and he is letting Pete Carmichael call the plays. Maybe Pete needs to call it from the booth. I don't think he can do it from the sidelines. Anyway, it's the play calling that is the problem and Pete can't do it. Even I know what play we will do when I see the game.
Idk that it’s just play calling. I’ve read that we are calling quick underneath blitz busting plays and just not executing the call. 🤷‍♂️

No you don’t, not to see some of the basics. For example, when Jeremy Chinn sacked Winston that forced the 48 yard field goal.

There were 8 defenders on the line, a look that Winston is getting a lot of because as it shows in all data, he’s struggling immensely against the blitz. On this play, he knew he had 8 stacked at the line with 5 lineman, a TE, and Ingram.

He could have checked to keep the TE in and make it 7 on 8 and have a hot read, but he didn’t

So, at that point he snaps the ball and can see that Ingram picks up the block in the middle and the left defender goes with the TE. That is so easy for a NFL QB to understand that means a free rusher will be coming from the right.

He never once processed that!

Now I refuse to think it’s because he’s dumb, he works so dang hard that I have to believe he studies film that hard too. I just think he’s putting so much pressure on himself on top of his injury as well that it’s all just going too fast for him right now

Attachments

• FullSizeRender.MOV
    4 MB
Idk that it’s just play calling. I’ve read that we are calling quick underneath blitz busting plays and just not executing the call. 🤷‍♂️
I said on Sunday that the Offensive Line is hurting plays. The injuries are another factor, but I don't know. The more I look at it, the more I see. I still think we can turn things around, but we can't take 3 qtrs to get going.

Yeah, I’ve been wondering why we don’t seem to have any quick hit and/or crossing routes to beat the rush. TB did that all day against us, less than 2 seconds snap to throw, to neutralize our pass rush. If we’re trying but failing to execute…:oops:

I said on Sunday that the Offensive Line is hurting plays. The injuries are another factor, but I don't know. The more I look at it, the more I see. I still think we can turn things around, but we can't take 3 qtrs to get going.
I agree with you. My post was just saying I think plays are being called to beat the blitz and they’re just not being executed, in response to blame being laid at the feet of the play caller.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom