NFL (Update: Saints could be linked) - Jax has talked to teams about trading Leonard Fournette. (1 Viewer)

I didn't realize Fournette caught 76 passes last year. He was way more of a two way threat than I'd figured.

He's a really good player on an absolute trash team. Everyone thinks he's just this smash mouth ancient relic running back (whilst still praising actual ancient relic Zeke Elliott) not realizing he has two way game.

What?!? Dude is a helluva back. When he had a defense and an offense that played half way decent, he was one of the top backs in the game. Now all you gotta do is stuff him cause they have no other offense especially when they had a rookie 6th round pick playing quarterback. Minshew did alright cause the defense was focused on shutting down Fournette over anything else. He still had 1,152 yards playing with a 6th round rookie QB and not near the defense he had his rookie season.

This is the same thing Arkansas fans say about McFadden. “He could’ve been a game changer had he not gone to Oakland, had a capable QB....etc”. Like no, incredible backs make bad teams look better, not contribute to the terribleness. McFadden & Fournette had identical college numbers and identical college tape. If they’re out and running, they are freight trains. If you cut them off at the line they will barrel into their guard like a caveman. It’s more a testament to their natural ability. They blew threw even college level play on pure physical ability. They just aren’t top tier caliber backs because they’re too far behind the 8-ball on the most important quality for NFL RBs.

I actually went and looked at my notes today that I did on 2017 RBs and I feel like my notes on Fournette particularly have held pretty strong. Mixon was my favorite in that class and he’s been better than LF. We won’t talk about McCaffrey & Kamara though...

Last edited:
This is the same thing Arkansas fans say about McFadden. “He could’ve been a game changer had he not gone to Oakland, had a capable QB....etc”. Like no, incredible backs make bad teams look great. McFadden & Fournette had identical college numbers and identical college tape. If they’re out and running, they are freight trains. If you cut them off at the line they will barrel into their guard like a caveman. It’s more a testament to their natural ability. They blew threw even college level play on pure physical ability. They just aren’t top tier caliber backs because they’re too far behind the 8-ball on the most important quality for NFL RBs.

I actually went and looked at my notes today that I did on 2017 RBs and I feel like my notes on Fournette particularly have held pretty strong. Mixon was my favorite in that class and he’s been better than LF. We won’t talk about McCaffrey & Kamara though...

I respect your opinion, but I disagree on Fournette. He’s already had 2 seasons of 1,000+ yards and missed 3 & 1 game in those seasons. He only played half the season for his sophomore slump year. It took McFadden 8 years to get to his second and only other 1,000+ yard season. I would compare McFadden more to Reggie Bush who also only rushed for 1,000 yards twice than I would to Fournette.

If the Jaguars are dumping guys, the Saints should try to trade them a pick for Dede Westbrook instead of Fournette.

I respect your opinion, but I disagree on Fournette. He’s already had 2 seasons of 1,000+ yards and missed 3 & 1 game in those seasons. He only played half the season for his sophomore slump year. It took McFadden 8 years to get to his second and only other 1,000+ yard season. I would compare McFadden more to Reggie Bush who also only rushed for 1,000 yards twice than I would to Fournette.

I respect your opinion as well, but where I feel the stats are deceiving is that Fournette has had 260+ carries in both of his 1,000 yard seasons. If you don’t have 1K on that many carries, your team needs to seriously reevaluate their offensive philosophy or play-calling. That’s 3.8 yards per carry.

McFadden has never had a season in which he broke 240 carries. And in the two seasons he broke 220, he got to 1K in both. McFadden was hurt so, so often in his early years, similarly to Fournette. They are very similar runners with almost identical issues.

If the Jaguars are dumping guys, the Saints should try to trade them a pick for Dede Westbrook instead of Fournette.

I don’t think they are necessarily just dumping players cause they did bring in Joe Schobert this offseason to play linebacker at 5 years and close to 54 million. They trying to move DE Yannick Ngakoue though. I think they want to tank for Lawrence, but also hope to have a somewhat decent team to compete once he’s there.

So they are trying to move certain players who they think don’t have a long term future there. They are gonna want a spread type of offense that suits Lawrence and Fournette doesn’t really fit that offense effectively. They will probably want picks for next years draft over this year IMO. They will try to keep their receivers though, so he has some talent around him.

I respect your opinion as well, but where I feel the stats are deceiving is that Fournette has had 260+ carries in both of his 1,000 yard seasons. If you don’t have 1K on that many carries, your team needs to seriously reevaluate their offensive philosophy or play-calling. That’s 3.8 yards per carry.

McFadden has never had a season in which he broke 240 carries. And in the two seasons he broke 220, he got to 1K in both. McFadden was hurt so, so often in his early years, similarly to Fournette. They are very similar runners with almost identical issues.

Yes but they are not the same kind of backs either. I never saw McFadden as a 20+ carry kind of back cause he wasn’t even that kind of back in college when he had Felix Jones getting 1,000+ yards as well. They also Peyton Hillis, but he didn’t get that many carries with those 2. Crazy that Hillis may have had the best single season out of all 3 in the NFL. Man talk about an awesome backfield. I bet you miss those glory days for Arkansas.

I would be willing to bet the farm that Fournette’s career is gonna be 10 times that of McFaddens. He’s just so fast, big, and powerful not to have a great career. We shall see cause the book is still out on Fournette’s career. They running backs so yes they get injured. Some more than others, but Fournette gets a bad rap when he’s missed 12 games out of 48.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom