NFL (Update: Saints could be linked) - Jax has talked to teams about trading Leonard Fournette. (1 Viewer)

Saint Taysom

MultiTool Tool
Reaction score
No teams are mentioned, but LF7 is a special talent. He and AK would form arguably the most talented tandem going... I like Murray and don’t know his contract/dead money situation, but it got me thinking.

B58B60A8-7F4A-45F4-8D3D-430DAC957DDB.jpeg

Last edited:
I saw this earlier at the bottom of the screen on FS1 and wanted to bring it up in here but forgot. Man I would love to see Leonard Fournette play for the Saints. He is one of my favorite LSU Tigers of all time.

I just don’t think it makes sense with Alvin Kamara on the roster. Just not enough snaps for the two of them IMO. Fournette needs to get 20+ rushes a game and he can’t really get that here with Kamara on the squad and probably wouldn’t anyway with coaches offense. And that’s not even talking about it making sense money wise cause it doesn’t

It’s enticing, but not realistic by any means. Now if we don’t keep Kamara around then it would make more legitimate sense. But I much rather have a #1 back in the mold of a do it all type in Kamara than a bruiser, 3 yards & a cloud of dust type in Fournette. Kamara fits coach’s offense to a T and Buga doesn’t unfortunately cause I would really love to see him in the black & gold

I knew this would happen though cause they tanking for Lawrence and you can see that a mile away. I was just hoping it would happen mid season so we could possibly get him if we had injuries to either of our backs. If we in the playoff hunt and either of them got knocked out for the year then it would make sense for sure. We would probably only have him for half the year cause we wouldn’t re-sign him, but I would love to see him here for just half a year ?

Last edited:
Negative.

I get this is a heavy LSU board, but hopefully it’s now understood that he is not what people thought he was when he left school. Physical freak that never had to develop vision between the tackles and he’s paying for it in the NFL.

What?!? Dude is a helluva back. When he had a defense and an offense that played half way decent, he was one of the top backs in the game. Now all you gotta do is stuff him cause they have no other offense especially when they had a rookie 6th round pick playing quarterback. Minshew did alright cause the defense was focused on shutting down Fournette over anything else. He still had 1,152 yards playing with a 6th round rookie QB and not near the defense he had his rookie season.

Negative.

I get this is a heavy LSU board, but hopefully it’s now understood that he is not what people thought he was when he left school. Physical freak that never had to develop vision between the tackles and he’s paying for it in the NFL.

You'd rather break out the time machine for Darren McFadden, no?

Now I wouldn’t mind possibly trading for Gardner Minshew next offseason if we don’t get a QB and they end up getting Trevor Lawrence cause it’s obvious they tanking for him. That’s if he has pretty good year this year, but I doubt he will record wise.

I would call to see what they want for a different LSU Tiger in DJ Chark this year, but they will probably want to keep him around for Lawrence. That dude can fly at 6’3” 200 lbs.

Negative.

Damn, Hogs. I appreciate the attention you pay to players, and you are one of the better posters here, but I find myself disagreeing with you quite frequently. Fournette is a special player if he can just stay healthy. Garbage team with garbage QBs and mediocre offensive lines for his entire career. So far he's on the Steven Jackson career path, which is tragic.

Not at all saying I want to trade for him to have to pay him in a year. Absolutely not. Kamara is 4x the player he is in the modern NFL. But Fournette is really really really good.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom