Updated Bungles Injuries (1 Viewer)

Saint James

Hall-of-Famer
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I went ahead and summarized the updated injury report from ESPN: http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/insider/columns/story?columnist=clayton_john&id=2666114
Out:

Brian Simmons - LB
Kelley Washington - WR
Rich Braham - C
Bobbie Williams - G

Doubtful: (downgraded from questionable) - "Don't expect them to play"

Levi Jones - LT
Deltha O'Neal - CB

Questionable:

Dexter Jackson - S "questionable and probably won't play because of a shoulder injury"

Probable:

T.J. Houshmandzadeh - WR
Willie Anderson - RT
Rudi Johnson - RB

If Clayton is right and all those guys don't play...that could be huge. Don't want to wish injury upon anyone, but those are some big names, and anything helps.

TJ Housdavilla may still be seeing stars after that hit last week... man he got CREAMED... :fou:

He certainly has looked dazed in all of his interviews. But those injuries are huge, especially the O-Line. Grant and Will Smith need to bring the heat, and we should blitz them unmercifully.

Sounds like we may get more push up the middle with their center and guard out.

I just hope we have an answer for the Ocho Cinco and TJ Wheresmycoupedevilla.

A little more info on Cincy's wounded:

Wide receiver T.J. Houshmandzadeh received a final OK from doctors Friday and will play Sunday when the Bengals face New Orleans in the Louisiana Superdome.

...The injury news isn't as promising when it comes to cornerback Deltha O'Neal. O'Neal injured his shoulder against the Chargers when he fell on it awkwardly attempting to cover receiver Malcom Floyd on Floyd's 46-yard touchdown reception in the third quarter.

...Left tackle Levi Jones and linebacker Brian Simmons were both downgraded on Friday. Jones is doubtful to play against the Saints as he still recovers from arthroscopic knee surgery he had four weeks ago. Simmons is officially out with an unspecified neck injury that has allowed him to play in just two of the past five games.

http://news.cincypost.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20061118/SPT03/611180397/1023/SPT

They're O-line is seriously banged up. 3 / 5 are out. I'm thinking their LG and RT are the only two original starters.

Yup.. We are quite the crippled team.. I think you guys will win this one, but I am still holding out hope. Even if we win, at this point in the season we may need to win out to go to the playoffs. And our schedule is brutal.

But to stay on topic, we have a guard starting his first game ever tomorrow and we are on our 2nd string Center as well which has been killing us all season since the Browns game.

Carson has been pressured all year and the lack of offensive line has been the story almost all year.. That and our HOLY defense.. :rolleyes:

Good luck to you guys.. I have nothing against the Saints, so I wont mind our season ending to you guys...

I'm hoping we see Carson on the ground alot tomorrow. Thomas and Young should get a good push up the middle, which will free up Smith and Grant.

Yup.. We are quite the crippled team.. I think you guys will win this one, but I am still holding out hope. Even if we win, at this point in the season we may need to win out to go to the playoffs. And our schedule is brutal.

But to stay on topic, we have a guard starting his first game ever tomorrow and we are on our 2nd string Center as well which has been killing us all season since the Browns game.

Carson has been pressured all year and the lack of offensive line has been the story almost all year.. That and our HOLY defense.. :rolleyes:

Good luck to you guys.. I have nothing against the Saints, so I wont mind our season ending to you guys...

good post...

Who's starting in place of Williams at RG???

I will believe that we can get pressure on Palmer when I see it and I haven't seen it much this year. I think we're 30th in the league in sacks. I wouldn't count this one a win until it's over and we actually do win.

Nice post, BengalBrian--and nice city as well, although I haven't been there since before you were born. :eek:

The thing on that hit TJ took that drove me nutts is how Dan Deirdork reacted about how illegal and dirty it was. I did'nt think the initial hit was all that terrible, he got hit a second before the ball got there, but the hit that hurt him was as he was going down a player came flying over the top and caught TJ with a knee in the side of the helmet, that is what knocked him silly.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom