Updated CBS Sports Power Rankings (1 Viewer)

I'm still wondering why Mangini got another job so fast.

That one is a head scratcher. Mangini did zilch after a decent 2006 and his team totally tanked in 2008 after a promising start. From what I hear, players hate the guy and he's already lost the trust of the Browns' players. If you want your team to fall further even faster, hire Mangenius

as a life long, die hard saints fan, I
getting sick of hearing our fans pull the "no respect" card. There was absolutely nothing negitive n those statements. If the meadia or other fans don't drop to there knees n proclaim the saints absolutely unbeatable, so
e of u guys start the belly aching. Yea, sume crap deserves a complaint but can we save to crybaby stuff for those times.

They rank us #1 yet?

And As a diehard Saints fan I stand by my previous statement.

The only thing that I find interesting is that the talked about the Colts being beat up. It is not to say that all teams are feeling some pain (some more than others: Steelers/Bears), but the Saints have been playing without their starting LT. They played a good part of last weeks game with their 3rd LT. Plus their stud RB, starting DT, starting slot WR. We are slowly getting healthy, but we have yet to be full strength.

Last edited:
Didn't Priscoe pick us to lose to the Bills? And didn't some Bills fans tell us to have some perspective about our team after we posted Priscoe's prediction? Something about we might not be all that good?

I do love the week after a win.

the Saint are right where they're supposed to be. Quite frankly, I think the Raven and the Giant should be ahead of us with the Colts at #4. Even if/when we win this week I still think we'll be #3 depending on whether or not the Raven and the Giant win. We won't move up until we beat the Giant in week 6.

here's how i see it if we barely beat the jets we will be 2 if we destory them we will be without a doubt #1

Didn't Priscoe pick us to lose to the Bills? And didn't some Bills fans tell us to have some perspective about our team after we posted Priscoe's prediction? Something about we might not be all that good?

I do love the week after a win.

You bet he did. Had a serving of jambalya with his crow. But he still ended his post with a "we'll see" re: our game with the Jets.

Somebody want to ask Prisco if he's got room for leftovers?

Who should be No. 1 after Week 3? 17% Giants

10% Colts

46% Saints

17% Ravens

5% Jets

6% Vikings

Guys, Guys, Guys, This is Professional Football, not The NCAA. These Power Rankings mean absolutely SQUAT. They are just some sportswriter's opinion, not the the "be all end all" BCS Rankings(which by the way is also a crock). Just be happy that we are winning football games and forget what the media thinks.

Guys, Guys, Guys, This is Professional Football, not The NCAA. These Power Rankings mean absolutely SQUAT. They are just some sportswriter's opinion, not the the "be all end all" BCS Rankings(which by the way is also a crock). Just be happy that we are winning football games and forget what the media thinks.

Media attention and rankings like this are part of the fun of rooting for a winning football team. Otherwise it's pretty dull Sunday to Sunday.

I would have been happy with anything in the top 5. I say 'happy', but it's not as if I would've cried if we were placed 7th. Anything outside of the top 10 would have resulted in tears though.

How do you have Buffalo behind Washington? Buffalo lost on a fumble to NE and held it close with us until later 2nd half. Washington stinks like hot trash. Lost to the Giants, ok, but then could have easily lost to the Rams and they let Detroit break the streak.

Or even behind the Dolphins, who despite playing decent teams, still stinks.

I think the rankings are pretty well laid out. We still need to earn the #1 spot.

It looks like the 3rd spot is the 'kiss of death'. :scared:

We'll just have to change that trend.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom