Crawley
Hardee

S
Bell
Williams
Banjo
Gray

Needs DT - LB - S - DE DEPTH - CB DEPTH

A decent amount of holes to fill still but looking good overall. 2nd round I would really like to see a WR TE as our pick. Riley Ridley or Sternberger would be my top 2. Would really like to see us trade up in the 3rd to get a slot receiver as well. Mecole Hardman or Andy Isabella. Our OL depth I find a bit scary with out Bushrod covering G and T backup positions. As well as Safety, I don't see us running our usual 3 safety sets of past years with this lineup. LB just because id like to see anyone not named Klein in our starting lineup. DT need another especially with Rankins out start of the year. Khalen Saunders?

I don't believe Hooman is on the roster.

Griffin is a TE and back-up long snapper.

Tommylee Lewis is a UFA since we didn't offer him a tender, but I believe he's still in the house.

Klein played very well in the SAM role last season.

Getting into the 3rd round this year will likely cost us next year's 2nd round pick.

I think we're going to see PJ re-signed to the team soon which pretty much fills in all our blanks at CB.

We need another "start-able" safety.

I think Edwards should be considered a 3-Tech DT instead of a DE. At least until Rankins gets back. With Rankins on PUP, and Onyemata's likely suspension to start the year... Edwards is our only available 3-tech, if the season started today.

Playmaker in the 3rd like Kamara is worth any 2nd round. We need a slot wr very bad. Our O is missing that dynamic. Kamara needs to stay in the backfield as much as possible, I am not confident in Murray. Wish we had more draft picks because Miles Sanders RB Penn State could be the steal of the draft.
I am pretty sure Griffin has filled in in the backfield
Hooman was listed on the saints roster where I got my info.
Klein I cant do it. nope haha. I feel he is a back up LB in the league.
would love to resign PJ if his price is right?
Edwards will see time at 3 tech I agree. But if you are saying hes spending all his time there then we have a massive hole at DE. I forgot about Onyematas suspension. Yikes. We need some more bodies on the DL.

Our Tight End group is the worst in the league. We need to upgrade this ASAP, while the pickings are still good.

It is pretty embarrassing. We only have one TE who was even drafted. Hooman was drafted in the 5th round but I'm not even sure he's on the team anymore.

How did it come to this? Fleener. He was supposed to be our guy but instead, he came in and Fleenered all over the place.

I don't believe Hooman is on the roster.

Griffin is a TE and back-up long snapper.

Tommylee Lewis is a UFA since we didn't offer him a tender, but I believe he's still in the house.

Klein played very well in the SAM role last season.

Getting into the 3rd round this year will likely cost us next year's 2nd round pick.

I think we're going to see PJ re-signed to the team soon which pretty much fills in all our blanks at CB.

We need another "start-able" safety.

I think Edwards should be considered a 3-Tech DT instead of a DE. At least until Rankins gets back. With Rankins on PUP, and Onyemata's likely suspension to start the year... Edwards is our only available 3-tech, if the season started today.
I agree with everything except safety. Especially if we bring back PJ Williams. Both he and Robinson can play in the slot. Vaccaro/Bell playing in the slot is what made the 3 safety sets a thing. It is now a thing of the past for the most part. If anyting, just a cheap vet or late round draft pick for depth and special teams.

Outside:
Marshon Lattimore
Eli Apple
Ken Crawley

Slot:
Patrick Robinson
PJ Williams

Safety:
Vonn Bell
Marcus Williams
Chris Banjo

I agree with everything except safety. Especially if we bring back PJ Williams. Both he and Robinson can play in the slot. Vaccaro/Bell playing in the slot is what made the 3 safety sets a thing. It is now a thing of the past for the most part. If anyting, just a cheap vet or late round draft pick for depth and special teams.

Outside:
Marshon Lattimore
Eli Apple
Ken Crawley

Slot:
Patrick Robinson
PJ Williams

Safety:
Vonn Bell
Marcus Williams
Chris Banjo

I didn't mean a "start-able" safety for 3 safety sets, although we did use that set some last season. I mean a start-able safety as insurance for Williams and Bell. I know Banjo can play in a pinch, but I'd hate to be down the final stretch, jockeying for a playoff spot and BAM! we have to use him as a starter.

This is the current roster - 60 players (but this is not a depth chart)

QB
Drew Brees
Taysom Hill
Teddy Bridgewater
J.T. Barrett

RB
Alvin Kamara
Latavius Murray
Dwayne Washington
Martez Carter

FB
Zach Line

WR
Michael Thomas
Ted Ginn
Cameron Meredith
Tre’Quan Smith
Austin Carr
Keith Kirkwood
Simmie Cobbs
Travin Dural

TE
Josh Hill
Dan Arnold
Garrett Griffin

OT
Terron Armstead
Ryan Ramczyk
Michael Ola
Derek Newton
Nate Wozniak

OG
Andrus Peat
Larry Warford

OC
Nick Easton
Cameron Tom
Will Clapp

DT
Sheldon Rankins
David Onyemata
Malcom Brown
Taylor Stallworth
Tyrunn Walker
Tomasi Laulile

DE
Cameron Jordan
Marcus Davenport
Mario Edwards
Trey Hendrickson

LB
AJ Klein
Alex Anzalone
Demario Davis
Craig Robertson
Vince Biegel
Darnell Sankey

CB
Marshon Lattimore
Eli Apple
Patrick Robinson
Ken Crawley
Justin Hardee
Josh Robinson
Christian Campbell

S
Vonn Bell
Marcus Williams
J. T. Gray
Chris Banjo

K
Wil Lutz

P
Thomas Morstead

LS
Zach Wood

I didn't mean a "start-able" safety for 3 safety sets, although we did use that set some last season. I mean a start-able safety as insurance for Williams and Bell. I know Banjo can play in a pinch, but I'd hate to be down the final stretch, jockeying for a playoff spot and BAM! we have to use him as a starter.
RB: Washington
IOL: Tom
OT: Clapp (Move Peat to C)
DE: Hendrickson
LB: Robertson
OCB: Crawley/Williams?
S: Banjo

I don't think I would consider safety more important than some of the others. I think an injury to Lattimore or Apple would be the worst case scenario right now.

RB: Washington
IOL: Tom
OT: Clapp (Move Peat to C)
DE: Hendrickson
LB: Robertson
OCB: Crawley/Williams?
S: Banjo

I don't think I would consider safety more important than some of the others. I think an injury to Lattimore or Apple would be the worst case scenario right now.

True, but we've trusted Robertson and Crowley as starters before. And PJ in the slot. We've always had a 3rd safety on tap. Bush, Coleman, et al. Same with OL. We've always had that one guy that can start. Bushrod, Kelemete, etc... I'm thinking that this year won't be any different. I imagine we'll pick up somebody late. Like old Glover Quinn or somebody. Same thing for the OL... Don't think we're done just yet. Mike Ola can't be our answer there. Maybe bring Bushrod back if he don't find a home.

Am I crazy in thinking that a healthy Newton would be a solid OT backup? Considering he started in the NFL and lost his job due to injury. If that is the case I would check the OL box for the offseason. I also think we are done at DL for the offseason.

That leaves us with S, WR and TE being our only major needs.

I think WR already has more possible candidates than we can keep. It's just a matter of a couple of them stepping up and/or being healthy (Dez, Meredith, Ginn, Smith, Kirkwood, etc.). Maybe add one more name to the list but I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't.

Safety is a curious one, especially with PJ still a FA. Maybe they just roll with it but I feel like we are missing a body in the backfield one way or another. They may have faith in Banjo.

TE needs to be addressed. Hill as the unquestioned #1 is not a good thing.

I don't consider any day 3 draft pick as a viable answer to anything and we are running out resources. If we pay a #1 TE I think it's bpa at the 2nd and we're done for the offseason for the most part. Hopefully, we get a PJ signing in there.

Last edited:
QB
Brees
Bridgewater
Hill
Barrett

RB
Kamara
Murray
Washington

FB
Line
Griffin

TE
Hill
Arnold
Hoomanawanui

OL
Armstead
Ramczyk
Peat
Warford
Easton
Clapp
Tom
Newton
Ola

WR
Thomas
Ginn
Smith
Kirkwood
Meredith
Carr

Needs TE - WR - OL DEPTH- RB DEPTH

DE
Jordan
Davenport
Hendrickson
Edwards

DT
Rankins
Brown
Onyemata
Stallworth

LB
Klein
Anzalone
Davis
Robertson
Biegel

CB
Lattimore
Apple
Robinson
Crawley
Hardee

S
Bell
Williams
Banjo
Gray

Needs DT - LB - S - DE DEPTH - CB DEPTH

A decent amount of holes to fill still but looking good overall. 2nd round I would really like to see a WR TE as our pick. Riley Ridley or Sternberger would be my top 2. Would really like to see us trade up in the 3rd to get a slot receiver as well. Mecole Hardman or Andy Isabella. Our OL depth I find a bit scary with out Bushrod covering G and T backup positions. As well as Safety, I don't see us running our usual 3 safety sets of past years with this lineup. LB just because id like to see anyone not named Klein in our starting lineup. DT need another especially with Rankins out start of the year. Khalen Saunders?

Edwards will play a utility role, taking snaps at 1 tech, 3tech, and on the end when needed.

I said this before we signed him, Edward's is going to surprise a lot of people out there. With Ryan Nielson who I think is one of the best DL Coaches in the buisness. I think he will elevate his game, and constantly help him achieve his full potential.

Also I love Khalen Saunders, as well as LJ Collier. They both have that mean streak in them, and play with high motors and a lot of attitude. We would have to trade up in the draft to get either one of those guys. Wed be lucky to be able to trade up in the 4th to get then. I can see both of then going anywhere between late 2-4.
Dont be surprised if either or both guys go in the 2nd. I guarantee you there are some GM's out there that are in love with there physical style and tenaciousness

Playmaker in the 3rd like Kamara is worth any 2nd round. We need a slot wr very bad. Our O is missing that dynamic. Kamara needs to stay in the backfield as much as possible, I am not confident in Murray. Wish we had more draft picks because Miles Sanders RB Penn State could be the steal of the draft..
Klein I cant do it. nope haha. I feel he is a back up LB in the league.
would love to resign PJ if his price is right?.

Yea I agree. If trading a 2nd next season means jumping into the 3rd for someone we think can contribute or be a player makes no difference to me. Andy Isabella is my target for the Saints with our 2nd round pick. If this kid is there I don’t hesitate to draft him. Go look at how hard guys like Edleman and even Beasley are to stop. This kid has potential to be on another level then these guys with Tyreke Hill speed and elite quickness. Thomas/Kamara with Isabella moving around would drive defenses and DCoordinators nuts!!

I’m very confident in Murray and think he will be an absolute beast in our offense. I don’t see him doing any less then Ingram did for us.
I do agree on Sanders and he is someone I would pull a Kamara trade for in the 3rd after taking Isabella in the 2nd. Having a legit 3rd RB who can play STs is very valuable as we are 1 injury away from having a problem at RB.
I think Klein is solid but we should always try to be upgrading. Jamie Collins is my guy for the job and would be a great fit.
PJ Williams is a must sign and would be a huge loss. He won’t come expensive and is worth a little pay day. If his game continues to improve we have ourselves one of the best nickel CBs in the league.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom