Updated: Key 2nd-3rd round WR prospect to keep an eye on during the draft(Jonathan Mingo my new favorite Day 2 prospect) (1 Viewer)

Wasn't Hyatt the kid that made Alabama look silly? Did he do anything the rest of the season, or was that just a fluke?
It's their scheme. Watch the video I posted.

They are able to scheme free release off the line. Which isn't as easy to do in the NFL. Lacks versatility and evidence to support beating press coverage.

Want a big target WR we got 2 possession receivers and 1 deep threat so nobody shorter than 6' 1 lol

Want a big target WR we got 2 possession receivers and 1 deep threat so nobody shorter than 6' 1 lol

And this is why you load Carr on big body speedsters.

As much as I like Devonte and Shaheed... They are honestly not fits for Carr unless you like seeing throwing interceptions. He needs big body WR to keep him from throwing picks.

I mentioned Hyatt in a post a few months ago. I think he is the real deal

He was Hookers main target. He’s got break away speed and rarely had anyone around him all year. He was wide-open a lot.
That's college. The question is how does he play when he isn't wide open.

Remember John Ross... The fastest 40 in NFL history. Bust.

We know Tyreek Hill was a freak that knows how to use his 4.29 speed.

Right now on paper... He's a very one dimensional player and that's why he's rated so low

What I like a lot about Hyatt... Is that he has the most upside with being the youngest of the bunch.

The slow acceleration does worry me.

The thing about being a speed guy... A speedster with simple average explosion is nearly a death sentence. Rolling coverage will get him in time against good teams. If you job is to stretch the field in the NFL. You can't be just okay at getting off the line of scrimmage.

If you're looking for speedster... They can get away with being a one dimensional if their game is elite and they can take two bodies with him to open other things up.

Long developing deep shoots is something we simply don't want to do with Carr. He'll get beat up and injured. You need the fastest guys in the 1st 20 yards.

I would side with Jalen higher upside and with a better scheme coach that we don't have.
I'm just not high on small WRs especially when we already have 2 that are faster.

Landers wasn't on my radar until the combine. That dude ran an easy 4.3.

I'm warming up to the big body X out of WVU. He's big, fast and a playmaker.

It's pretty useless dogging on the coaching staff. This same staff just closed the deal on the best available QB and the best one for this team.

That's college. The question is how does he play when he isn't wide open.

Remember John Ross... The fastest 40 in NFL history. Bust.

We know Tyreek Hill was a freak that knows how to use his 4.29 speed.

Right now on paper... He's a very one dimensional player and that's why he's rated so low
I’m not a draft guru, I just happened to discover Hyatt while scouting Hooker. He was “wide-open“ a lot because he created separation. His game speed stood out to me. He’s already well known, a mid 1st round pick on every mock draft I’ve seen. I don’t think he’s falls to 29. Let me know what you think

I'm just not high on small WRs especially when we already have 2 that are faster.

Landers wasn't on my radar until the combine. That dude ran an easy 4.3.

I'm warming up to the big body X out of WVU. He's big, fast and a playmaker.

It's pretty useless dogging on the coaching staff. This same staff just closed the deal on the best available QB and the best one for this team.
I guess that depends on what you considered small. Because there is only 3 WR is the top 18 that are over 6'2".

I like the sweet spot between 5"11-6'2".

I don't need anymore 5'10 guys.

Once this coaching staff can prove that they can run a creative offense. It's a valid statement. Especially when they average 13 ppg in the last 8 games with a blown leads, uncreative playcalling, and gutless conservative calls. Getting the best FA QB in the league doesn't change. Nathaniel Hackett got Russell Wilson to Denver. Doesn't make him a good coach. A fired one more than anything.

I’m not a draft guru, I just happened to discover Hyatt while scouting Hooker. He was “wide-open“ a lot because he created separation. His game speed stood out to me. He’s already well known, a mid 1st round pick on every mock draft I’ve seen. I don’t think he’s falls to 29. Let me know what you think
A lot of the free release was from stack spread sets.

Only 18 reps against press coverage with only one catch. That's a red flag. Not a lot of film on contested catches. So... He's a very elusive prospect to grade

But I really like his upside and his age at 21 years old. Shows a lot coachability. I wouldn't put him on this list if I didn't want to draft him.

I guess that depends on what you considered small. Because there is only 3 WR is the top 18 that are over 6'2".

I like the sweet spot between 5"11-6'2".

I don't need anymore 5'10 guys.

Once this coaching staff can prove that they can run a creative offense. It's a valid statement. Especially when they average 13 ppg in the last 8 games with a blown leads, uncreative playcalling, and gutless conservative calls. Getting the best FA QB in the league doesn't change. Nathaniel Hackett got Russell Wilson to Denver. Doesn't make him a good coach. A fired one more than anything.

Small, less than 2.72 RBS and Hyatt falls less than that at 2.44.

That is the sweetspot for sure on the height, but we only have 1 WR 6'3" or taller and it has impacted the offense when he's been out.

I'd like to come out of the draft with a Big X at least 6'3" and another playmaker WR who could fall in that sweetspot.

Since you put Round 2/3 that's the range of the shorter WRs. We could get a playmaker there and a Big X later.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom