Updated logo (1 Viewer)

Why on earth would we mess with the best color scheme in the sport? Don’t get cute here. We aren’t some gimmicky franchise like the Titans or Jags.
Exactly! Why go for a 4th and 2, double reverse to a tight end, when you can plow forward with a proven !!

This is EXACTLY what I’d love to see

Maybe with a black FDL with a gold outline- curious what that would look like
this is the closest one i could find with black FDL and gold outline...helmet looks a little janky but you get the picture...also found an all white uniform with another take on the white helmet with a gold FDL thats not metallic gold....I kinda like that metallic gold one though

1596074155591.png
1596074192120.png

I've seen a lot of FDLs in my day but there is no mistaking the Saints version. It is unique and is instantly associated with the team like all great logos. It's one of the best logos in the NFL, especially on the helmet.

If they do anything to the logo it better be changing it back to the DP era huge version. I'll take that era's FDL and gold. I know nostalgia sometimes distorts things and everything seemed better in the past, but in this case I think it's just an objective fact. These uniforms delivered:

DfLpZXL1lV7nYYLh1q4dGOMbkFS-qbhkr6bW_ipqQuEMsl7YW7e6OMypm1Eb2Zn9VqqgVMrZCeZ6C0gBw-piflsGd_7ethaHZJio6fhNx10Qsi2GHGGg__1au8m4Zl9ScpRTPis3KpH_M7Mr7P7QC93vEA

GettyImages-288713.0.jpg

I've seen a lot of FDLs in my day but there is no mistaking the Saints version. It is unique and is instantly associated with the team like all great logos. It's one of the best logos in the NFL, especially on the helmet.

If they do anything to the logo it better be changing it back to the DP era huge version. I'll take that era's FDL and gold. I know nostalgia sometimes distorts things and everything seemed better in the past, but in this case I think it's just an objective fact. These uniforms delivered:

DfLpZXL1lV7nYYLh1q4dGOMbkFS-qbhkr6bW_ipqQuEMsl7YW7e6OMypm1Eb2Zn9VqqgVMrZCeZ6C0gBw-piflsGd_7ethaHZJio6fhNx10Qsi2GHGGg__1au8m4Zl9ScpRTPis3KpH_M7Mr7P7QC93vEA

GettyImages-288713.0.jpg
Yep. That’s the gold (pun intended) standard. Meeting somewhere near the middle of the Dome Patrol unis and our color rush/throwbacks is my ideal outcome.

I have to agree about the large helmet logo from the past. All they would have to do to make that old logo perfect is to outline the white border with a 1/4" black border all around. The black outline would make a great contrast between the white and the gold! :9:
Basically it would be a larger version of the one that we have now.

P.S. - If they ever change it to that mess shown in the OP... I'm out. Eeeeeewwwwww. :covri:

GettyImages-288713.0.jpg
Those without question are the greatest Saints uniforms ever. The white numbers with the gold trim on the black jerseys give these unis a classic clean look. And I love and miss the state of Louisiana patch being on the uniform design.

That black helmet looks really good actually, the redesigned logo, not so much. Like others I think our color scheme and uniforms are already the best in the league so there isn't any reason to change them just because others are changing theirs or considering it. I wouldn't want a black helmet replacing the Gold ones but if it could be done as an alternate then that would be fine with me, I'm pretty sure there's a rule against that though. I don't understand the desire for a white helmet at all really but eh, to each their own.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom