Updated mike's mock (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
If the saints draft went like this i would freak out
1) Kieth Rivers OLB USC Immediate starter
2) Curtis Lofton LB
3) Frank Okam DT Texas Will start by the end of the year
4) Jonathan Zenon CB LSU big corner who is fast
5)Joey Hanoes TE maryland Huge 6-8 260 redzone target
6)Eric Foster DE Rutgers could push for playing time.
7) J.t Mapue 290 lbs tackle

Free agent signings
Bernard barian WR
Marcus Trufant
Josh McCown

Im really bored so what do you guys think?

I like the 2 LB's in the 1st 2 rounds. If you can't tell by my pic, I'm partial to the Dome Patrol years.

Nice draft, but we will probably take a player on the O side earlier...that's just how Payton is (maybe he will change for the good of the team).

Eric Foster (DE/DT, Rutgers) is a BEAST and is a LEADER. I know this cause I'm a Rutgers fan...he's going to be a nice addition to any team who gets him...I'm having him pegged in all Saints mocks, hopefully we get him.

Also for the FA signings...Trufaunt is fine but that money spent on Berrian (I don't think highly of him) and McCown (Resign Martin and groom Palko)...let's use it to sign Corey Williams (DT, Packers)...we have to build and strengthen the line...look with the Giants.

I'm with you. I would be totally stoked if that were our draft. I admit I'd like to see a better prospect than Zenon at CB, but if we sign a starter through free agency, then we can afford to put our sights on improving the front 7 in the draft, which we desperately need to do.

I'd love to see us bring in Trufant. Now if we somehow spend the money to bring in Briggs, I'd rather see one of the dbs in the first round (McKelvin, DRC, Phillips, etc.), but if we don't open the wallet for Briggs (which I seriously doubt we will), then drafting Rivers would be the obvious choice over any of the dbs if he is still on the boards. Either way, I'd love to see Curtis Lofton in the second.

I like the 2 LB idea, because that makes a huge impact on our defense and both have the potiential to become great. Frank Ocam is also a nice pick and he could become a starter. Trufant if we could get him would make a huge difference for our secondary. One thing that I think may be missing is a DT in FA like Corey Williams, and maybe a saftey in the later rounds of the draft.

keith rivers does nothing for me

if you woulda told me before the combine that keith rivers would be a top 10 pick

i would laugh in your face

I have had fun tearing most of these "only would work on Madden" mocks apart.......this one....is realistic and sensible....no trade #10 for the Cowboys two firsts, no Falcons trade us Deangelo Hall for our fifth and a big box of Post It notes, no we sign Alan Faneca, Asante Samuel, Corey Williams, Marcus Trufant, Ken Hamlin with our magical bottomless salary cap...good job.

Like it. IMHO both Rivers and Loften have the ability to start. Okam will at least see playing time in a rotation and Zenon could push for a nickle spot from day one.

The way the scouts are talking about Chevis Jackson's speed... he may be around in the 4th... I'd rather him over Zenon because Jackson is more "polished".

I like your offseason mock...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom