Updated mike's mock (1 Viewer)

I like it.

The pipe dream a few months ago, of us returning to the dome patrol glory days by getting Briggs and Laurinaitis, and having Briggs, Laurinaitis, Fujita as our linebackers is sadly impossible thanks to 'Little Animal' staying in school and Briggs expressing a wish to play in California.

I'd say Rivers, Lofton, Fujita, is almost as good as above linebackers, except younger, cheaper, more serviceable and oozing with potential.

If that went well for us, ie. both came in and contributed right away, we could well be looking at 3 or 4 linebackers in the Pro Bowl every year again.

fueled with your hate for USC, most likely

Well, I love USC and I really think that Rivers will be a solid player, but I wouldn't choose him in the top-10 for this simple reason: You can get a solid LB in the 2nd round. Every year there are good LBs taken in the 2nd round; it's the round in which to draft one. I'd much rather see us go CB or, if we can manage it, trade up to grab a DT. I'm not even so convinced that both Ellis and Dorsey will be gone by #10. I also wouldn't count out the possibility of Kentwan Balmer, either at #10 or via trade down. This guy is a solid athlete, big, strong, versatile. His stock could shoot up at the Combine. There is so much depth at the LB position this year; there's no need to jump the gun and grab one in the first.

Well, I love USC and I really think that Rivers will be a solid player, but I wouldn't choose him in the top-10 for this simple reason: You can get a solid LB in the 2nd round. Every year there are good LBs taken in the 2nd round; it's the round in which to draft one. I'd much rather see us go CB or, if we can manage it, trade up to grab a DT. I'm not even so convinced that both Ellis and Dorsey will be gone by #10. I also wouldn't count out the possibility of Kentwan Balmer, either at #10 or via trade down. This guy is a solid athlete, big, strong, versatile. His stock could shoot up at the Combine. There is so much depth at the LB position this year; there's no need to jump the gun and grab one in the first.

Unless Ellis or Dorsey drops to 10 then we should deffenatly grab two linebackers they would both start and improve our d we might have a shot at Corey Williams as a free agent then getting 2 linebackers would be perfect come on now

if you want speed at corner, look at trae williams from south florida, lacks size but more than makes up for it in speed and he could be available in the 4th. Looked really good alongside mike jenkins in the usf games i've seen

also if ellis or dorsey don't drop to 10, i think they should trade down maybe 5-10 picks and pick up balmer and another 3rd rounder or possibly 2nd rounder. I think they definetaly need a top dt

if you want speed at corner, look at trae williams from south florida, lacks size but more than makes up for it in speed and he could be available in the 4th. Looked really good alongside mike jenkins in the usf games i've seen

also if ellis or dorsey don't drop to 10, i think they should trade down maybe 5-10 picks and pick up balmer and another 3rd rounder or possibly 2nd rounder. I think they definetaly need a top dt

prob.. according to Mike D, and many around here, dropping down isn't very likely as those below are wanting in the top 8, or below 15. as the talent is int he top 8, and then the rest are all bunched up.

I really like that 2 LB, then the DT.. as our DT's aren't bad, just not young and wear down.. OKam in there would be OK with me. our really weak spot is the LB corps.

Rivers must be a work out warrior, because from watching USC games he is not a top ten pick. He was not even close to being the top linebacker on his college team.

If we need them or not I would be suprised if we dont draft an OLineman somewhere in every draft. There is just too much depth required at the position and with the strain on knees longevity nearly demands that you get at least one new one every year.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom