Updated Mock Draft for 3-4 defense (1 Viewer)

What would we get from trades if we traded all the way down to 30 from 15?

I could see us squeezing a 2nd instead of a third out of it. Obviously we would be at the back of the 2nd round likely. Maybe a 2nd and 4th?

In the 1st round I hope we either get Jesse Williams or Ezekiel Ansah. Both would be steals at 15!

I'd rather trade the first round pick and draft lane Johnson in the first and Alex Okafor in the second

I could see us squeezing a 2nd instead of a third out of it. Obviously we would be at the back of the 2nd round likely. Maybe a 2nd and 4th?

Might not be worth trading back that far then, unless we traded back twice to get there.

My hope is that there is a team who picks early (1-8) who really need a QB but can't let the guys who will go 1-8 fall. If a team needs a QB THAT badly, they may be willing to give up their 2nd and a future 1st (pretty much same thing we did for Ingram trade). That 2nd would be an early second. Just a thought. IMO think I think we can get a talented OLB that will fit our 3-4 at 15.

We could trade our first and fourth for the bengals first and second second round pick. I think we will get a comp. fourth rounder back. I also think the bengals may want to leapfrog the cowgirls and the bears for a OT. Plus we only drop back a few picks.

We could trade our first and fourth for the bengals first and second second round pick. I think we will get a comp. fourth rounder back. I also think the bengals may want to leapfrog the cowgirls and the bears for a OT. Plus we only drop back a few picks.

That would be great.

Here's a post-Goodhell pick steal mock after a trade down:

1 Ezekiel Ansah, OLB, BYU
3 William Gholston, DE, Michigan State
3 Leon McFadden, CB, San Diego State
4 Justin Pugh, OT, Syracuse
4 Stedman Bailey, WR, West Virginia (compensatory pick)
5 Levine Toilolo, TE, Stanford
5 Brandon Williams, DT, Missouri Southern
6 Travis Long, OLB, Washington State
7 Ray Polk, FS, Colorado

Well now we know we're not getting our 2nd rounder back I would assume that trading down in the first round might be a good move. If, however Eric Fisher is there at 15 I would assume we pick him instead and move on from bushrod. I do not think he will be there so I assume we trade back for a first, third and fifth round pick and we keep bushrod.

Of course seeing what we do with bushrod will make a huge difference in our draft strategy.

1st round pick - Xavier Rhodes - CB - FSU

3rd round pick - Bacarri Rambo - S - Georgia

3rd round pick - - Brandon Williams - DT - Missouri Southern

4th round pick - Brandon Jenkins - DE/OLB - Florida State

5th round pick - Seantrel Henderson - OT - Miami

5th round pick - Chad Bumphis - WR - Mississippi State

6th round pick - Micael Williams - TE - Alabama

That looks like a typical Saints draft...we target positions not players do its hard to day because we need a NT in this new 3-4 scheme do obviousky thats whatvare furst round pick will be...the vest available NT, buy the saunts have proven to target starters all the way to the 7th round (Colston) do that NT could be had in thec3-4th round. I don't think that first round puck will be in a corner....we are pretty invested in corner all ready with Robinson, Greer, White, Mack and Patrick...we would invest a 1st round pick at that position in my opinion.

Here's a post-Goodhell pick steal mock after a trade down:

1 Ezekiel Ansah, OLB, BYU
3 William Gholston, DE, Michigan State
3 Leon McFadden, CB, San Diego State
4 Justin Pugh, OT, Syracuse
4 Stedman Bailey, WR, West Virginia (compensatory pick)
5 Levine Toilolo, TE, Stanford
5 Brandon Williams, DT, Missouri Southern
6 Travis Long, OLB, Washington State
7 Ray Polk, FS, Colorado

Idk if Brandon Williams will slide that far. Ansah is a freak though.

What's the compensatory pick for?

I'm fairly certain we will get a compensatory pick, but Im just not sure what round it will come in. Most are guessing either the 4th or 5th due to the players we lost last year in free agency.

First off, I honestly believe that we're going to trade down to recoup the 2nd that Goodell jacked from us. But that being said, I mocked it according to what we have at the moment.

RD 1. Alex Okafor OLB/DE
RD 3. Jon Cyperien S
RD 4. David Quessenberry OT
RD 5. Tyrann Mathieu CB
RD 6. Kwame Geathers DT/NT
RD 7. Kyle Juszczyk FB/HB/TE

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom