Updated mock draft now that we switch to 3-4 (1 Viewer)

Stew

Wait.....what?
Reaction score
Round 1- Barkivious Mingo 3-4 OLB LSU
Great pass rushing skills, could step in as starter and be the next Aldon Smith.

Round 2- Jesse Williams 3-4 NT Alabama
If you are going to run a 3-4 you need a plugger in the middle, having Williams will allow Hicks to play DE and Williams can either back up Bunkley if we keep him or start if not.

Round 3- Kyle Long LT Oregon
We may not be able to pay Bushrod and this kid has the skills to start and if we can keep Bushrod this guy can start on the right side.

Round 4- Margus Hunt 3-4 DE SMU
Love this guy and hope we can get him, at 6-7 he would be a field goal blocking machine and provide help in a rotation as he learns the posistion.

Round 5- Leon McFadden CB San Diego State
Not sold on Johnny Patrick and Mcfadden is a firey corner who is good in the man coverage.

Round 6- Zeke Motta SS Notre Dame
Hard hitter with decent coverage skills, could take over for Harper in a year or 2. Should do well on special teams.

Round 7- Emory Blake WR Auburn
Sure hands and better than average speed and big at 6'2 200 pounds, could be another late round find and push Toon and Morgan to excel. Could make team and if not special teams or practice squad.

Of course this all henges on Goodell giving back the 2nd rounder.

RaisingTheBar

The Voice of Reason
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Nice draft. Would love it if we got our 2nd though. Might not get that luxury.

TruSaint

SR is my life!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Replace Marcus hunt with Brandon Jenkins or Sean porter and I love it

60minutes

Camp Body
Reaction score
Williams is a likely first rounder, Long a second rounder, and Hunt and McFadden are second/third.

I would go Barkevious Mingo/Dion Jordan in the first, Poyer/Austin/Hopkins/Trufant/Long/Fluker/Short in the second, and Brandon Williams/McFadden/Rogers in the third.

OP
Stew

Stew

Wait.....what?
Reaction score
Williams is a likely first rounder, Long a second rounder, and Hunt and McFadden are second/third.

I would go Barkevious Mingo/Dion Jordan in the first, Poyer/Austin/Hopkins/Trufant/Long/Fluker/Short in the second, and Brandon Williams/McFadden/Rogers in the third.
You say that but I don't see Williams going that high because you know teams will reach for QB's and RB's.

Hunt might squeeze into the 3rd, but there is always that possibility he falls. If Long jumps up then I'd go Chris Faulk in the 3rd.

McFadden unless he blows up the combine will still be there, every mock has him in the 5th, some even lower because he is not 6 feet tall and played at smallish school.

409forever

Veteran Starter
Reaction score
y does everybody assume we will get our second round pick back? i would love to see it.but its unlikely.and if goodell does give us our pick back,would he also give us the second round pick he took from us last year.?

Saint 711

Reaction score
I dont think we have a 6th either because that stud LB we traded for at the beginning of the season

Saint_Ward

Don't be a Jerk.
Staff member
Administrator
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I've seen Margus Hunt creeping up in the first round in some mock drafts. Doubt he lasts till the 4th.

SaintBrad

Very Banned
Reaction score
I've seen Margus Hunt creeping up in the first round in some mock drafts. Doubt he lasts till the 4th.
Am I missing something? How in the heck does Mingo drop out of the top 5? Let alone the top 10? Let alone to 15?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Darkhorse985

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
I'd bet $100 that if Mingo puts up solid combine/workout numbers, he is a top 12 pick either going to the Cardinals (i think they take OT Eric Fisher), Jets, or Chargers.

melecoaze

Brazilian Saint
Reaction score
Am I missing something? How in the heck does Mingo drop out of the top 5? Let alone the top 10? Let alone to 15?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
Mingo is not a top 5 talent in this draft. Hell, there are 2 DE's clearly better than him.

Zztop

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
would be nice if we could upgrade RT somehow too

Joodas Avila

MillenniaMMA.com
Reaction score
I'd bet $100 that if Mingo puts up solid combine/workout numbers, he is a top 12 pick either going to the Cardinals (i think they take OT Eric Fisher), Jets, or Chargers.
Hellye! He'd instantly leap into the 10 easily. I can see the Jets jumping all over him. Or some team trading up to nab him.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom