Upgraded my salt water aquarium (1 Viewer)

andrew76021

Super Forum Fanatic
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
After almost 4 years with a 55 gallon tank, I upgraded to a 75 gallon with a much better filtration system. Other than being a Saints fan, this is my only other obsession in life.

Old tank vs New tank

Last edited:
One more of the new tank

One more of the new tank

Last edited:
Cool. I just got me a 55 gallon set up. I have brackish water with a few brackish water fish. I want to go full marine though, I'm just not home everyday to take care of it. I bought an automatic feeder, so homefully that works out fine for now.

Nice tank, 75g should be easier to keep than the old tank.

I currently have a 75g with a group of Cyprichromis leptosoma 'utinta' (starting to breed), group of Altolamprologus calvus 'black congo', group of Neolamprologus ocellatus 'gold', pair of Julidochromis transcriptus 'kissi bemba', and pair of bristlenose plecos with an assortment of offspring. Around 150lbs of creek rock with sand, planted with mainly java fern, anubias, and some crypts, Eheim 2026+9W UV and Eheim 2028+external heater.

I had fresh water for about 10 years and enjoyed it enough to try the salt water tanks. It is a complete different game with a substantially increased cost. Hopefully one day, I will build a house with an in-wall tank. That was all of your messy pumps, filtration and electrical work is hidden.

Makes me want to set "Busytown" up again.

Hey guys,

Where should a beginner start at? I always wanted a fish tank but, dont know where to start or what size would be good and low maintenance until I learn the ropes with it. any advice would help.. thanks

What's busytown?

"Busytown" was a 75g aquarium I had in Coeur d'Alene with a big rockpile in the middle. I had it stocked with a couple of Auratus, a big Protomelas, some Mbuna, two Dempseys, two Salvinis, a Jaguar cichlid, a big Pleco and an Oscar named Nero who used to get pounded by the male Salvini and the Jaguar 'till I gave him back to the pet store.

There was always something going on in Busytown. Especially once the Salvinis started breeding.

Hey guys,

Where should a beginner start at? I always wanted a fish tank but, dont know where to start or what size would be good and low maintenance until I learn the ropes with it. any advice would help.. thanks

a 30 gallon freshwater would be a good start for a beginner...freshwater tanks require little upkeep compared to salt water....

i wish i could do a saltwater, i have a few freshwater , the saltwater tanks never lasted for me, not sure what i was doing wrong - saltwater is so much nocer

Wow, it looks great! I have never had a salt water aquarium, but I find them facinating! :D

i would like to do another aquarium, but i dont trust my dog alone in the house with it lol

I want to make a sugarwater aquarium and fill it with fat fish.

Poor, sad, diabetic fish. You'll have to amputate their little fins.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom