Upset weekend (1 Viewer)

saintsspurs86

there's always this year
Reaction score
I have a strange feeling that this weekend will be one of those that produces an odd number of upsets. Obviously this does not include 49ers/Saints. But every year there is one or two week where upsets just seem to be prevalent. I definitely see the Jags beating Dallas. I see Titans over Ravens, St Louis barely knocking off Arizona, and I have a feeling Tampa will avenge themselves against Atlanta in the dumpster fire game of the week.....

And for a bonus... LSU knocks off Bama

Thoughts??

I'll be sending some very good vibes to Blake Bortles and his Jaguars this week. I don't want the Cowboys losing streak to ever end. It's been nothing short of blissful these past two weeks at work.

After all that mouthing off by the Cowboys "fans" the previous few weeks, exactly one person saw fit to don their Cowboys gear on jersey day. One. And I made a spectacle when inquiring about this seemingly odd occurrence as I strutted around draped in Black & Gold from head-to-toe.

It's amazing how many of their alleged fans remember their allegiance to other teams when the Cowboys start losing. I overheard one lady telling another coworker that everyone was going to laugh at her if she wore her Cowboys jersey. So she went with the Hawkeyes instead. That's just sad. But it makes me happy.

The Jags may not beat Dallas, but if you have Denard Robinson...start him.

I would love to see the Tigers beat Bama, but I think I'm going to lay on the floor under my sofa and peak at the screen during the game. That's about how confident I am. :(

Hey, the Jags have a good run defense. They are 19th ranked but they only give up 4.2 yards per carry, much lower than most people think. Before Jeremy Hill broke a 60 yard TD against them last week to win the game they were holding teams to @ or around 3.9 yards per carry. Most would also be quite surprised to know the Jags are tied for 3rd in the NFL with 27 sacks so they get pressure.

Problem is they don't have much of a pass defense. Can't cover a TE and they've turned the ball over 19 times.

They've also been able to get a running game going in the past few weeks. If Wimbley is a mess then they have a good shot.

Problem is they have a bye after this game and bad teams mid season tend to tank it right before their bye week. I'm hoping playing in Europe will inspire them enough to give the Cowboys a game before they go on vacation.

Tampa has already shut down for the season and they are playing for draft position. If Atlanta had a strength on the offensive line it would be the interior line play and outside of McCoy Tampa has no pass rush to take advantage of Atlanta's offensive line. Give Matt Ryan time against a bad secondary and he should have a field day. If Glennon was playing I'd give them a punchers chance but Tampa's offensive McCoy looked horrible earlier in the season so I doubt they even have that. If Tampa runs their offense through Bobby Rainey they have a chance but they wont.

Your motives have been revealed!!!

I am certainly not an LSU or Bama fan. I see potential for other upsets in college this week too, but I simply mentioned this game because I figured it was most relevant on this forum

Also add the Pelicans pulling off the upset against the Spurs.

I hate to admit it, it pains me to say it, but i could see this. As much as I love my Spurs, they have looked horrible through the first three games. and now we have 5 games coming up in the next 7 day, I'm not sure how Pop is going to handle that with player management

I hate to admit it, it pains me to say it, but i could see this. As much as I love my Spurs, they have looked horrible through the first three games. and now we have 5 games coming up in the next 7 day, I'm not sure how Pop is going to handle that with player management

Knowing Pop he might not play his big three.

No offense OP but I like playin fantasy football against with these predictions.

I am assuming you meant you would enjoy playing against me? Good luck with that!!!

I finished runner up in 12 team leagues the last 2 years and currently sit in 3rd in a 14 team league.... You may not like my predictions and that is perfectly fine and I may be proven to be totally wrong. But every year in college and the NFL we have these huge weekends where it seems like all the underdogs win. We are half way through the NFL season and 3/4 of the way through college and that big upset weekend has yet to really happen.... I just have a funny feeling about this weekend

Knowing Pop he might not play his big three.

He isn't going to rest all three, especially against New Orleans. And he just say like half the damn team a couple nights ago. But I will be happy if we come out of a 5 games in 7 days trip with a 3-2 record. Just wait until the rodeo road trip that seems to make magic happen every year... Spurs are the only team I route for that I don't worry about after a slow start, because we alway pull it together

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom