N/S Urban Meyer Now Jaguars Coach (1 Viewer)

Im just trying to figure out why you think Lawrence has a weak arm when his reported measurable data says otherwise.
What reported measurable data?

When was his ball ever clocked?

Arm strength is far and away the most overrated QB characteristic. I've seen way too many QBs get over drafted due to their arm strength while brushing aside whether or not they can actually, you know, play good football. As long as it isn't a noodle it shouldn't be a make or break characteristic.

What reported measurable data?

When was his ball ever clocked?

61 mph. I wasn’t there personally when it happened, but yes, that’s the speed that’s been reported numerous places.

61 mph. I wasn’t there personally when it happened, but yes, that’s the speed that’s been reported numerous places.
Links?

Rumors aren't documented proof.

You're not telling me anything new.

Ball Velocity was one of the reasons that I was so high on Eason and Luton.

I post here about it every year.

Arm-strength isn't the be-all-end-all of being an elite passer but it can elevate already good passers to be even better and mediocre passers good.

Meyer's success or failure will heavily depend on who he surrounds himself with on his staff. This modern style of play in the NFL is more college coach friendly than ever before. He'll have plenty of capital to put together a team with his stamp on it. He'll coach in a division where there are no true dominant team. I think the Jags are a lot better than their 1-15 record with some pieces to build around.

Trevor Lawrence before his senior year... of high school.

All well and good but the ball is outside the frame and I doubt the event was conducted by NFL talent evaluators with a radar gun.

You claimed to have ball Velocity data.

Call me when you have more than anecdotes, unsubstantiated rumors, or grainy videos from high school competitions that don't include the entire shot of the pass.

I've personally never seen Lawrence throw a football more than 60 yards or even near 60 without a running start and the video the other guy above posted makes me even more skeptical than before.

All well and good but the ball is outside the frame and I doubt the event was conducted by NFL talent evaluators with a radar gun.

You claimed to have ball Velocity data.

Call me when you have more than anecdotes, unsubstantiated rumors, or grainy videos from high school competitions that don't include the entire shot of the pass.

I've personally never seen Lawrence throw a football more than 60 yards and the video the other guy above posted makes me even more skeptical than before.

The ball velocity data that was reported came from one of the camps from the summer before his freshman year at Clemson. I don’t remember if it was the Rivals camp or the Elite 11 or some other one. Anyway, the point is he will be measured by pro scouts and I will be surprised if he’s in the 54-55mph range rather than 60. You won’t be, I get it.

The ball velocity data that was reported came from one of the camps from the summer before his freshman year at Clemson. I don’t remember if it was the Rivals camp or the Elite 11 or some other one. Anyway, the point is he will be measured by pro scouts and I will be surprised if he’s in the 54-55mph range rather than 60. You won’t be, I get it.

You want to see another pass going 65- 70+

Here is even one from Rogers.

I never said that Lawrence's arm was weak, just that it isn't as elite as I would expect from the #1 overall pick.

His arm is good but not great.

I'm talking Peyton Manning, Andrew Luck, Carson Palmer, John Elway.

He isn't in that class, nor does he need to be to be a good or great qb.

I'm just saying that his arm is unimpressive enough that other qbs in this class might jump him, and justifiably so.

Actually I did miscount.

It was the 3 to the 32.

So 47 + 18 flat-footed.

Still 65 yards in the air, better than the 58 that Lawrence could manage with a running start.

I also pointed out Mayfield, Culpepper , etc with 65+ above.

Mayfield's is a documented 70 yarder.

If Lawrence cant throw as far as Mayfield then you know his arm isn't elite.

Second time I have to remind you of this but here we go again. Trevor was hitting his receiver in stride, not throwing as far as he can. Who cares about throwing the ball out of the back of the end zone?

Trevor has an elite arm, throwing the ball with pinpoint accuracy at 60+ is all you need. It's getting cringeworthy watching you stretch out a yard or two for Vick and pinch Trevor's yards while comparing it to a "f*** it and chuck it" by Mayfield.

Trevor has elite arm strength, it's part of the reason why he's going 1 overall and has been since 2 years ago.

Second time I have to remind you of this but here we go again. Trevor was hitting his receiver in stride, not throwing as far as he can. Who cares about throwing the ball out of the back of the end zone?

Trevor has an elite arm, throwing the ball with pinpoint accuracy at 60+ is all you need. It's getting cringeworthy watching you stretch out a yard or two for Vick and pinch Trevor's yards while comparing it to a "f*** it and chuck it" by Mayfield.

Trevor has elite arm strength, it's part of the reason why he's going 1 overall and has been since 2 years ago.

I don't have to stretch anything.

Here is Rodgers irrefutably tossing it 70 yards.

Don't blame me because your hero isn't as strong as you assumed.

I'm just a messenger, bro.

A pass like this is where a sheer Ball Velocity fastball helps you between two defenders better than a touch pass would.

The best arms in the league can do both.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom