N/S Urban Meyer Now Jaguars Coach (1 Viewer)

Meyer and Khan has Jimmy Johnson and Jerry Jones written all over it...this is not gonna last too long
But will they achieve some meaningful success in the comparable, relatively short time frame they'll work together rebuilding the Jaguars roster via Draft, FA pickups, reconfiguring the team's roster and depth?

When I say this, let me first preface this so as to not raise anyone's objections or have some SR posters on here get wrong impressions: I'm not saying I expect Meyer or owner Shahid Khan to even gradually build up a SB contender, but if they manage to construct a contending team that ends up winning several AFC South division titles, win a few playoff games here and there. If they can replicate the sort of success Titans have been able to achieve with winning seasons since 2016, and 3 postseason appearances as well, that would be one hell of a laudable accomplishment.

But will they achieve some meaningful success in the comparable, relatively short time frame they'll work together rebuilding the Jaguars roster via Draft, FA pickups, reconfiguring the team's roster and depth?

When I say this, let me first preface this so as to not raise anyone's objections or have some SR posters on here get wrong impressions: I'm not saying I expect Meyer or owner Shahid Khan to even gradually build up a SB contender, but if they manage to construct a contending team that ends up winning several AFC South division titles, win a few playoff games here and there. If they can replicate the sort of success Titans have been able to achieve with winning seasons since 2016, and 3 postseason appearances as well, that would be one hell of a laudable accomplishment.
They can. I’ve seen worse teams do it. Payton rebuilt the Saints from the ground up into a championship team in four years.

So does Urban take Fields? I think this is a real possibility.

No chance. Jags fans will revolve and their franchise might as well get burnt to the ground from day 1. Khan made it very clear that franchise QB was his top priority over the offseason (more than coach and GM), and they will would hire a GM and HC who's views align with his on that top.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom