Urgent- Beer prices are going up!!!!!! (1 Viewer)

It's time I start brewing my own beer.

It's easier than you think. It's just the waiting time that drives you insane.

When you make your first batch, that month (and a week or two) takes FOREVER. But, once you get a cycle going, you'll never run out.

When I was making my own beer, it cost around $20 for about 50 16 oz beers. I think that price is reasonable. Don't y'all? Even if hops have gone through the roof, it's still cheaper in the long run.

Porters, ales, stouts, wheats, and lagers when ever you want them. Start with ales. They're the easiest with the bigger margin for error.

I wish I still had my kit. Ever since I moved to NYC, I had to consolidate my possessions and one of them was the beer kit, but since I am in a bigger place with room to store the beer, I may just get back in the game.

Growing your own hops (which I hear is NOT hard at all to do) seems to be the way to go if you are going to really get into making your own beer.

If I understand it correctly, you'd need quite a large chunk of land to produce enough hops. Then again, it does depend on the type of beer you are looking for. Also, if you DO have the land, it might be a nice profitable venture if you can find a brewer to trust in your quality of hops.

Price of dollar goes down making oil go way up. The price of oil gets so high it becomes economically viable to find alternate energy so the government subsidizes corn for ethanol use. The price of corn increases drastically causing more more farmers to switch crops from hops to corn. Combine the decrease in hops farmers and add a drought then we see huge price increases.

I am all about finding an alternative energy but it is foolish to use the food supply to try and find a source of energy.

The price of all the crops going up has caused a significant rise in the cost of groceries. It has also caused the price of livestock to go up because it costs so much more to feed them.

The government needs to quit subsidizing crops, quit borrowing and spending money and quit printing money to stabalize the dollar and these problems would not exist. Until then, this is just going to keep getting worse.

I'm fairly certain if the price of corn goes UP, then many many more farmers will be growing MORE corn since they SELL it and not BUY it. Corn farmers unite, Ethanol rules.

I'm fairly certain if the price of corn goes UP, then many many more farmers will be growing MORE corn since they SELL it and not BUY it. Corn farmers unite, Ethanol rules.

Exactly but the farmers don't just grow more corn without growing less of another crop. This creates shortages and increases the price of other crops, like hops.

drill in ANWAR, grow more hops, cheap beer is good. Sounds like a campaign slogan, I like it. Is it too late to throw a name in the hat?

Lock tha barn and git my shotgun, maw.

:hihi:

Price of dollar goes down making oil go way up. The price of oil gets so high it becomes economically viable to find alternate energy so the government subsidizes corn for ethanol use. The price of corn increases drastically causing more more farmers to switch crops from hops to corn. Combine the decrease in hops farmers and add a drought then we see huge price increases.

I am all about finding an alternative energy but it is foolish to use the food supply to try and find a source of energy.

The price of all the crops going up has caused a significant rise in the cost of groceries. It has also caused the price of livestock to go up because it costs so much more to feed them.

The government needs to quit subsidizing crops, quit borrowing and spending money and quit printing money to stabalize the dollar and these problems would not exist. Until then, this is just going to keep getting worse.

It is unreal how far the message reaches.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom