Urgent- Beer prices are going up!!!!!! (1 Viewer)

Saint1977

All-Pro
Reaction score
Guys have yall recently heard about the price hike on beer? From my understanding we are looking at an increase of 3-4 dollars per 12 pack. This is terrible, maybe we should do as they did with the tea back in boston many years ago. What is the world coming too. They say its the "hops" that are raising the price. I think personally its Osama Bin Ladin. What say you on this issue?

The Federal govt. will obviously have to subsidize the beer industry. Consumer confidence can't take a beer hike right now.

I've been working in a alcohol shop for a friend of mine the last few months and yes beer prices have gone up since the New Years. Bud and Miller products have both increased in price, with several other companies possibly matching the increase soon. $3-4 more a pack sounds like your local place is gouging you, $1 is the average we went up on 6packs and higher, with some of the stuff that was previous priced too cheap being raised up $2 to $2.30

Last edited:
They can keep the dang economic checks they are sending in may. Just dont mess with the dang beer or whiskey. Man and this is suppose to take place Super Bowl Sunday. Can you imagine paying 8-10 dollars for a 12 pack of Coors and then all of a sudden paying 14-16 dollars for such pleasure. Im leaving this country which im starting another thread about later on. Got to get last drops of the cheap stuff now.

I've been working in a alcohol shop for a friend of mine the last few months and yes beer prices have gone up since the New Years. Bud and Miller products have both increased in price, with several other companies possibly matching the increase soon.

An alcohol shop? :dunno:

No unless someone is pulling my chain the hike takes place Super Bowl Sunday. Look up the latest on Hops being behind the increase. Watch the prices SBS. No i have not seen the increase yet.

No unless someone is pulling my chain the hike takes place Super Bowl Sunday. Look up the latest on Hops being behind the increase. Watch the prices SBS. No i have not seen the increase yet.

Yeah the prices don't start till then really, though a lot of places have just gone ahead and started the new price since they know of it (and in some cases are already paying the new prices)

Price of dollar goes down making oil go way up. The price of oil gets so high it becomes economically viable to find alternate energy so the government subsidizes corn for ethanol use. The price of corn increases drastically causing more more farmers to switch crops from hops to corn. Combine the decrease in hops farmers and add a drought then we see huge price increases.

I am all about finding an alternative energy but it is foolish to use the food supply to try and find a source of energy.

The price of all the crops going up has caused a significant rise in the cost of groceries. It has also caused the price of livestock to go up because it costs so much more to feed them.

The government needs to quit subsidizing crops, quit borrowing and spending money and quit printing money to stabalize the dollar and these problems would not exist. Until then, this is just going to keep getting worse.

Price of dollar goes down making oil go way up. The price of oil gets so high it becomes economically viable to find alternate energy so the government subsidizes corn for ethanol use. The price of corn increases drastically causing more more farmers to switch crops from hops to corn. Combine the decrease in hops farmers and add a drought then we see huge price increases.

I am all about finding an alternative energy but it is foolish to use the food supply to try and find a source of energy.

The price of all the crops going up has caused a significant rise in the cost of groceries. It has also caused the price of livestock to go up because it costs so much more to feed them.

The government needs to quit subsidizing crops, quit borrowing and spending money and quit printing money to stabalize the dollar and these problems would not exist. Until then, this is just going to keep getting worse.

Good points. But for the love of "choose your maker" why touch a innocent bystander such as beer. So what your saying is Hops is in by itself not the main problem but Oil. Where can we find this Mr. Oil.

I think that it has to do more with the cost of delievery [gas] than it does anything.

Joe

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom