US Airways bid to takeover bankrupt Delta (1 Viewer)

Well, they reduced Pittsburgh after the USAirways-America West merger, and Philly became the 9th busiest airport (operations) in the world. And an utterly choked airport where all the parking lots fill to closure during the week.

I wouldn't put it past them to try to choke Hartsfield as well, assuming the government allows the merger.

Will this mean more flights in & out of MSY if it goes through?

The pessimist in me says they will consolidate the US Air/Delta flights out of MSY. I hate Delta and Hartsfield is the second circle of hell. US Air I am neutral about. Charlotte is a good airport. Charlotte seems it might have the $$ and space to expand the airport to reamin a US Air hub. Atlanta, I am not so sure about.

I've always liked USAir b/c they traditionally (pre-K) had a bunch (read: 3 or 4 per day) of nonstops to DC.

I've always liked USAir b/c they traditionally (pre-K) had a bunch (read: 3 or 4 per day) of nonstops to DC.

Yeah. If you could get out of DC, that was great.

On July 28 i sat at DCA for three hours, having paid for that great 7:20 nonstop, before anyone at USAir had the sack to explain why there wasn't even a craft outside. "We don't have a flight slot," they said.

You can sell tickets for a flight without bothering to make arrangements for a flight slot? Apparently so.

Hartsfield has THE lowest percentage of on-time takeoffs (65%) in the US system. They are under construction, but don't look for any additional flights to be happening there. CLT will remain a hub for the foreseeable future.

i was pretty surprised when TWA went away, that nobody seemed to do anything with all those gates they had in St Louis. Then again, maybe some airline i nearly never use, like American, owns STL now.

i wish i didn't fly so much.

I'd like to know how they are going to pull that off. I have more money in the bank than USAir...

AA ran STL for a while, but gradually scaled back to where they are now...

Wow. For anyone old enough to remember the prestige of Delta 30 years ago when Delta was considered the top domestic airline, this is amazing, though I understand that if the merger goes through, the new airline will keep the Delta name.

However, the betting is that corporate headquarters for the new airline will not be in Atlanta.

I like USAIR because the planes are usually half empty.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom