US citizenship (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
I have decided to help a friend get US citizenship. She has had residence here for 7 years - English is fair. Does anyone have experience with this. And is it really as straightforward as it seems to be on this site?

https://www.uscis.gov/citizenship/learners/study-test

I am not real clear on if that is everything that could be on the test or if that is just an example of what it might look like.

I have decided to help a friend get US citizenship. She has had residence here for 7 years - English is fair. Does anyone have experience with this. And is it really as straightforward as it seems to be on this site?

https://www.uscis.gov/citizenship/learners/study-test

I am not real clear on if that is everything that could be on the test or if that is just an example of what it might look like.

If her English is fair, she has nothing to worry about. It’s about a 4th grade level.

She will have to read a sentence of about 4 - 7 words, write a similar sentence that is read to her, and answer 6 of 10 civics questions correctly.

The study materials are exactly the content of the test; it’s just not presented identically as the test.

She will also have to be able to understand and respond to the questions on the form N400 (they will paraphrase the more complicated ones) and any other questions the officer might need to ask.

Just relax and tell the truth. In most cases the penalty for not telling the truth is worse than whatever it is they might feel an urge to hide.

plan B. That could happen anyway. I just would prefer it to be this way. My approach to marriage is muy despacio.

If it helps, she doesn’t gain anything from marrying you if she’s already got a green card. So, stop making up excuses.

Last edited:
BobE is going to need to see some pics first

you hang out with us
i'm afraid it doesn't look good

Yeah. Not a good starting point.

CuX6ePtVMAE5lLi.jpg

when I took the test- they had 100 questions they said you will 20 from these 100. Some were hard too. I studied the crap out it , But they ended up asking 20 of the really easy ones. Then as already mentioned, read a few lines, say a few lines - pretty easy- was was weird was they told me and then-fiancee to bring proof and legit marriage- photos etc- and they didnt look at a single one

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom