US Coast Guard employee removed for 'white power sign' on air (1 Viewer)

Semper

Super Forum Fanatic
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Coast guard removed for 'white power sign'

_103447130_1537004238156.png

is that really a white power symbol? I mean as kids in high school, and in the military we used to use that symbol near our genitals and punch our friends for looking. When did this become a symbol for white power.

I still don't understand the deal with the okay gesture. I looked it up on Wikipedia and it sounds like someone on 4chan made it up.. and then it became true?

is that really a white power symbol? I mean as kids in high school, and in the military we used to use that symbol near our genitals and punch our friends for looking. When did this become a symbol for white power.

It might not have been a few weeks ago but it is now. Whether he meant white power or was just sort of trolling, making fun of the response to the Kavanaugh hearing - he shouldn’t be doing either on duty during a press conference relating to an emergency.

I guess the important question would be why he was doing it. Did he punch the cameraman in the arm?

As I understand it 4 chan, then Cernonvich and his ilk, then actual white supremacists used it as a way to "troll the libs. " Take something universally seen as something else and start using it to goad overreactions by Twitter liberal sleuths.

To which it sort of worked. Some libs flipped out and made a big deal out of it, most recently in the Kavanaugh hearing. However, in the process of seeking lol's, white supremacists and alt-righters sort of are now using it to signal they are in on it, they are part of the tribe, so it sort of has become one, bringing it full circle and validating the accusation they were claiming it wasn't.

Long story short, meme culture is dumb, white supremacist meme culture is double dumb.

As I understand it 4 chan, then Cernonvich and his ilk, then actual white supremacists used it as a way to "troll the libs. " Take something universally seen as something else and start using it to goad overreactions by Twitter liberal sleuths.

To which it sort of worked. Some libs flipped out and made a big deal out of it, most recently in the Kavanaugh hearing. However, in the process of seeking lol's, white supremacists and alt-righters sort of are now using it to signal they are in on it, they are part of the tribe, so it sort of has become one, bringing it full circle and validating the accusation they were claiming it wasn't.

Long story short, meme culture is dumb, white supremacist meme culture is double dumb.

Pretty much this. It's a dumb meme come full circle.

It's probably not a one-time bad idea (however you want to interpret it) that led to his dismissal. There's probably more pieces to the puzzle that they're not releasing to the public. Foolish people who don't realize they're not entitled to privacy, when using government computers... :idunno:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom