Us vs. Them (1 Viewer)

i also hate being the wrongest person on wrong day so that's why i avoid saying patently incorrect things like this

Lol. I'm an oyster po'boy guy. Amazing sandwiches no doubt. I know I'm preaching to the wrong crowd here on the wrong week no less. I dared to have a different opinion.

I'm not talking the scrap meat and whiz Philly's, but the ribeye and provolone ones with sweet peppers and onions... oh man.

I do make my own mayo, so remoulade is a staple in my house. I put that **** on everything.

Your version is NOT a traditional Philly Cheesecake. I specified "scrap" meat cause it is & it is made w/"Cheez Whiz". Sorry I misspelled it earlier, but the ONLY time I ever ate that garbage was on a "traditional Philly Cheese steak in Philadelphia w/a chef friend.(never been back, don't intend to)
I don't care what you make it out of, a Shrimp Po Boy will always win. Kinda like anybody saying Old Bay is preferred for a crab boil.
Mwahahahahaha.

Cheese steak from the right place is really good but a Roast Beef or Shrimp Po-Boy beats it everyday. When I moved I learned the hard way that most people don't put gravy on their roast beef like we do.

Your version is NOT a traditional Philly Cheesecake. I specified "scrap" meat cause it is & it is made w/"Cheez Whiz". Sorry I misspelled it earlier, but the ONLY time I ever ate that garbage was on a "traditional Philly Cheese steak in Philadelphia w/a chef friend.(never been back, don't intend to)
I don't care what you make it out of, a Shrimp Po Boy will always win. Kinda like anybody saying Old Bay is preferred for a crab boil.
Mwahahahahaha.
Then you, my friend, have been missing out. Some places may do it with cheap meat and fake cheese, but doesn't mean it is right. Ask anyone worth their weight, from Philly or elsewhere, what a proper cheesesteak is and you got to go with the thinly sliced ribeye. You get no flavor out of cheaper, leaner cuts cooked that fast with no marinade. Some use wiz or american, but the best imo is provolone; its more pungent and salty. The peppers and onions are add-ons and a personal preference.

Po'Boys are just the same, in that they can be made with cheap ingredients too. I am, in no way, dogging a Po'Boy. Its one of my favorite sandwiches. Personal preference is a cheesesteak. That's all.

I'm just glad this convo shift to battle of the sandwiches lol.

So, tinman, what is your preference for a Po'Boy? Genuinely curious. I'm not a fan of cornmeal crusts. I prefer the batter. With Oysters, and a nice helping of shredded iceberg.

I gotta say though, French baguette over Italian. Without the soft, flakiness of a french roll, Po'Boys and Banh Mi's would not exist.

Mwahahahahaha.
Hey Hey Hey, now. We don't boil crabs here in God's country, we steam them in beer and J.O.. No self-respecting Chesapeake Bay blue crab would ever let itself be berled. Your crabs must be dumb :hihi:

J.O Spice is much better than Old Bay

http://www.jospices.com/jo_spice_retail_seafood_crab_seasonings_shrimp_fish.php#seasonings

Truly, there is no bad way to cook a blue crab. Boiled or steamed, it's all good.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom