USA Today: 61 percent of players disapprove of Goodell’s performance (1 Viewer)

Wait til Obama gets involved. Just saw a mini-article today about he has doubts that he would let his hypothetical son play football and that changes will come that will improve safety but make the game less exciting for fans.

Heaven forbid. Just what we need: let's get the government bean counters involved and really keep everyone safe. :rolleyes: If the track record runs as usual, the game will be over as we know it - and we'll end up with a whole differnt set of injuries, likely worse than those trying to be prevented.

As to the report, I'd be willing to bet that very close to 100% of the league's defensive players voted against him.

Obama wasn't hinting at gov intervention. He basically said if he had a son he would have to think very hard about whether to let him play football. He also said what we all have, that the changes made for safety will make the game less exciting.

Yep............

adolfgoodell_zps31b93c69.jpg

That picture is hysterical--best yet!

That article was refreshing. All throughout the Bounty proceedings, I wondered if it was just us, or do any of the players feel the same way. 61% disapproval is incredible! And unlike instances where players were concerned about how they would be perceived, BountyGate sparked a breakthrough: the fear is gone. There may have been rumors and grumblings before, but now they aren't afraid to be quoted or put their names on it. I guarantee that Vilma gained an unprecedented level of respect among his peers for taking on the Shield and it's figurehead. The level of respect and admiration for Drew Brees at the ProBowl didn't go unnoticed. Tags was head and shoulders above what Goodell is, and even the players are saying that. No matter what he does from here on out, there's a growing contingent that will view his time as a failure. As long as he's head of the NFL, the League will look more and more like it sold it's soul for money.

From his perspective I am sure he views this to mean he is doing a great job. He doesn't care or need the players to approve of his job.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom