USA Today: 61 percent of players disapprove of Goodell’s performance (1 Viewer)

atapapa

Veteran
Reaction score
The poll has a 5-percent margin for error...

In a recent poll of NFL players conducted by USA TODAY Sports, 61% said they disapprove of the job Goodell has done overall, with most focusing on the increased fines of players for dangerous hits on defenseless receivers and quarterbacks and the perception of the commissioner's investigation into the bounty matter.

Poll shows Roger Goodell divides opinions of NFL players

USA Today: 61 percent of players disapprove of Goodell’s performance

I guess Goodell threatened the other 39 percent of players with suspensions and heavy fines if they disapproved

I guess Goodell threatened the other 39 percent of players with suspensions and heavy fines if they disapproved

Yep............

adolfgoodell_zps31b93c69.jpg

It is interesting that 40 percent approved of his performance. Are the numbers given by offensive and defensive players? The players on defense are literally paying the price. The quarterbacks and receivers are receiving preferential treatment.

The player comments are quite interesting and in my view perceptive. They seem to understand "Bountygate" for the sham that it was.

Wait a minute....I really did not know that mouthpieces were not mandatory. How many boxers or MMA fighters lose a mouthpiece in a fight and then promptly get knocked out. There is your first very obvious step at preventing concussions.

Wait til Obama gets involved. Just saw a mini-article today about he has doubts that he would let his hypothetical son play football and that changes will come that will improve safety but make the game less exciting for fans.

Wait a minute....I really did not know that mouthpieces were not mandatory. How many boxers or MMA fighters lose a mouthpiece in a fight and then promptly get knocked out. There is your first very obvious step at preventing concussions.

Not really. There's evidence that mouthpieces may contribute more to concussive trauma due to locking the jaw and mouth and preventing movement during hits. They're really just there to protect your teeth and tongue.

Probably similar numbers for fans, but the NFL doesn't care. They look at one thing. They're making record money. Hate us all you want, we're getting Rich!

Not really. There's evidence that mouthpieces may contribute more to concussive trauma due to locking the jaw and mouth and preventing movement during hits. They're really just there to protect your teeth and tongue.

I have never seen that in all my years of medical research... but ok if you say so.

While most of the research to support mouthguards as a means to reduce concussions relies on somewhat anecdotal evidence...it is still compelling and significant. But there is also a common sense element that if you avoid (or dampen) the collision of the mandibal into the skull you are going to reduce some of the impact on the brain.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom